Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Longtime Linux Developer Looks To Distance Himself From The Kernel Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Let's see:

Achievements of the left (et al):

<snip>
    Achievements of the right (et al. Sadly):
    <snip>
    Achievements of the extreme right : WW2
    Achievements of the extreme left : The soviet block.

Seriously, get some critical thinking....

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
      That wouldn't solve the problem Garret is talking about. He's not giving up "because the mailing list is full of trolls", he's giving up because Torvalds is an opinionated asshole, and blocks and argues over things just because he doesn't like a concept such as BSD securelevels.
      But thats a normal problem everywhere. Someone has to make decisions, no matter if people will like them or not. And if you don't have such a person your codebase will end up one huge stinking pile of garbage because everyone builds stuff the way they want. Not wanting to defend anyone, but "thats life, deal with it".

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManKlaus View Post

But thats a normal problem everywhere. Someone has to make decisions, no matter if people will like them or not. And if you don't have such a person your codebase will end up one huge stinking pile of garbage because everyone builds stuff the way they want. Not wanting to defend anyone, but "thats life, deal with it".
        Basically, yes. But that's also the nice thing about open source, if you don't like it... Fork. Which he did.

Comment

- modern art
          I wouldn't call that an achievement, but a tasteless degenerate crap.

Comment

I really want that project to run some time. because i like the idea of a world where everything is just fine and no one needs to worry about anything and everybody is happy and nice to each other; in short: paradise.
            BUT it is not what we will end of with all that political correctness people. because at some point there will be a patch that will be rejected because its, well, crappy code. So i am looking forward to the riddance on how to tell the person that the patch will be rejected so no one from the oppression games will feel discriminated. On the other hand there will be situations where decisions have to be made. (just think of the upstart vs systemd vs something else in debian).

These political correctness people play their cards as long as it suits their needs to get their will. But on the long run their projects and communities pushed more and more of them out.

Comment

One developer could come up with NetLinux, another with OpenLinux, and another with FreeLinux... or something LizardWingsLinux (whatever you want!).... err... wait a minute...

Comment

Originally posted by newwen View Post

I wouldn't call that an achievement, but a tasteless degenerate crap.

Don't hesitate sending me your "art", so I can call it "tasteless" and "degenerate".

Ever heard of "in the eye of the beholder"? Oh yea. And I hope you realise that in calling art you don't like "tasteless degenerate art", you've just outed yourself as the product of a certain infamous Austro-German dictator.

Yea. I know. Godwin's law. But it's true in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post

Did the PC and Internet really came from the Left wing? I thought those came from the Industrial Revolution (Capitalism), so right-wing?

Or are you talking about PC as in Political Correctness?

The Personal Computer in its current form is a product of the 1960s/1970s countercultural revolution. The industrial revolution, contrary to popular belief, had little to do with progress past the initial stage. In fact, it didn't take long for it to turn into a merely higher evolved form of feudalism.

Comment

Let's see:

Achievements of the left (et al):

- The PC
                    - The internet
                    - Freedom of speech
                    - The forty hour work week
                    - modern art
                    - Women?s Voting Rights
                    - Bank Deposit Insurance (that's right! "Freedom loving" Conservatives don't mind seeing someone else steal your money)
                    - Clean water
                    - the USA
                    - Free education
                    - Science

Achievements of the right (et al. Sadly):

- Irrational hatred
                    - Laziness
                    - Ignorance
                    - uninspiredness
                    - global wars
                    - nationalism
                    - Science denialism
                    - Religion

Yes. "Leftism" is the cancer...
                    Nice try. It's the left that killed millions of people. Most of the good things came from the right side. However, If you claim something prove it. Bolshevism, hitler, french revolution etc. It's the left side. However, giving one or another side without further investigation isn't so fair. For example Ukrainian nationalists (OUN UPA) killed thousands of Polish women and children. Polish right side never did the same to anyone, but Poland occupied by soviets and Jews (so the left side) after the WW2 got a revenge. However, their main target were Ukrainian soldiers.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06 October 2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post

Achievements of the extreme right : WW2
                      Achievements of the extreme left : The soviet block.

Seriously, get some critical thinking....
                      Even this is not so correct. Hitler was a copy cat of bolshevism. It means left.

Comment

Working...
                      X