Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Longtime Linux Developer Looks To Distance Himself From The Kernel Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moilami
    replied
    Two developers left, can we get a report of this in the news of all major TV broadcasting companies? Maybe in frontapages of major newspapers too, so that enough ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME attention is given to said developers?

Leave a comment:

• computerquip
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Who honestly didn't see this coming? I sure did, in fact I'm surprised it took so long. Good riddence, we don't need more people thinking their way is the only way.
    I'm curious as to your opinion on Linus rejecting code based on personal preference.

Leave a comment:

• gigaplex
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    The main thing i wanted to use was the Linux Foundation Loader which he wrote, but he never fixed it. I told him, it does not work with UEFI 2.0 systems, it seemed to require UEFI 2.3 and there was no timeout if somebody could not press a key (due to fastboot). As this never happened Kanotix has still no Secure Boot feature - but at least you can disable Secure Boot on all systems up to now...
    Is there any particular reason you didn't just fix it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    The US Constitution is a Liberal Secular Document. If any fellow American thinks it's a bastion of Conservatism, they're a moron.
    Was. Also the republican party _was_ a left wing liberal party. Things change, and the US constitution has been standing still making the cult of it, conservative.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Who honestly didn't see this coming? I sure did, in fact I'm surprised it took so long. Good riddence, we don't need more people thinking their way is the only way.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

And you know, the BSD guys seem to all be getting along okay.

Also

A lot of you are getting confused with the different lefts and rights.
    Ah. The Infamous US Libertarian Chart of Politics. A 2 x 2 matrix. The bastion of simpletonism.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    The US Constitution is a Liberal Secular Document. If any fellow American thinks it's a bastion of Conservatism, they're a moron.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

That would be because there's no standard global agreed upon left vs right, and the concepts for left vs right do not cleanly map to each other when going between two countries, due to political views not being a line or even a square, but an n-dimensional object. including such factors as:

[snip]

This misunderstanding of how things work also creates the perfect example of the Dunning-Krueger effect known as Horseshoe Theory, which only really exists because a lot of people can't see politics as more than a line.
    I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

Also

That would be because there's no standard global agreed upon left vs right, and the concepts for left vs right do not cleanly map to each other when going between two countries, due to political views not being a line or even a square, but an n-dimensional object. including such factors as:
    • Conservatism vs Progressivism, which is to say preference for how the government is vs preference for change.
    • Classical Liberalism vs Theocracy, which is to say view on the role of the state cult, whether you believe that everyone should be free to do as they please, or whether you believe that government should dictate morality
    • Free Market vs Command Economy
    • Pro-Immigration vs Nativist
    • Interventionist vs Isolationist
    • Protectionist vs FreeTrade,
    • Collectivism vs Individualism

etc...

In the US the Left vs Right line originates from the political alliances that formed the battle of the Monarchists and Nationalists of the Puritain north against the those pushing Republicanism and Confederalism in the Baptist South, creating the left and right respectively.

This misunderstanding of how things work also creates the perfect example of the Dunning-Krueger effect known as Horseshoe Theory, which only really exists because a lot of people can't see politics as more than a line.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    Originally posted by cjcox View Post
    One developer could come up with NetLinux, another with OpenLinux, and another with FreeLinux... or something LizardWingsLinux (whatever you want!).... err... wait a minute...

Also

Last edited by profoundWHALE; 06 October 2015, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X