Sarah Sharp Steps Down As Linux Kernel Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lexa2 View Post
    Maintained USB 3.0 XHCI.... Then it's a good thing she is no more doing it - most troubles I have had on servers and laptops lately related to kernel were due to poor USB 3.0 drivers. Hope the situation would change now.
    'cept she hasn't even been maintaining USB 3.0 drivers since May 2014.
    Nice try blaming her though.

Comment

• Originally posted by endman View Post
      Think it's really sad to hear that the Linux community is becoming more hostile to woman. Of course they are still far friendlier then the BSD "community" by a large amount but it's still a step in the wrong direction. I think need to tell back the community and make it equal for woman and I think here at phoronix, I borrowed a powerful hash tag to show that misorgy has no place in the FLOSS community: https://twitter.com/hashtag/killallmen

So I'm introducing this hash tag to this forum: #KillAllMen.

Please use this hash tag generously to show your support for woman.
      The satire in this is spot on. Sarah Sharp isn't much of a female role model that we need, she is a troll who just likes stirring stuff up for the sake of stirring stuff up.
      Last edited by NerdTaco; 10-22-2015, 01:47 PM. Reason: logical stuffs

Comment

• Originally posted by NerdTaco
        The satire in this is spot on. Sarah Sharp isn't much of a female role model that we need, she is a troll who just likes stirring stuff up for the sake of stirring stuff up.
        This is not a satire and I find your interpretation of my post very oppressive and misogynistic. For one, I am for Sarah Sharp, she has been bullied by the extreme patriarchal system that has infected computer science and software development. My introduction of the hashtag #KillAllMen is not a joke. It is a powerful statement mean to hi light to fear and threat that woman face from men.

The fact that there is lots of people disfavoring Sarah Sharp's decisions and options prove that feminism is correct and that misogyny has infected the software community. To be fair, I don't blame this on the Linux and GPL community and they started off very fair rather, the problem most likely came from M$, Apple and BSD infiltration into what would otherwise been a very friendly community.

If you feel threatened by #KillAllMen, then I think you understand how Sarah Sharp feels everyday at home and at work and you should re-post this hashtag.

#KillAllMen #DieCisScum
        Last edited by endman; 10-22-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by endman View Post

This is not a satire and I find your interpretation of my post very oppressive and misogynistic. For one, I am for Sarah Sharp, she has been bullied by the extreme patriarchal system that has infected computer science and software development. My introduction of the hashtag #KillAllMen is not a joke. It is a powerful statement mean to hi light to fear and threat that woman face from men.

The fact that there is lots of people disfavoring Sarah Sharp's decisions and options prove that feminism is correct and that misogyny has infected the software community. To be fair, I don't blame this on the Linux and GPL community and they started off very fair rather, the problem most likely came from M$, Apple and BSD infiltration into what would otherwise been a very friendly community.

If you feel threatened by #KillAllMen, then I think you understand how Sarah Sharp feels everyday at home and at work and you should re-post this hashtag.

#KillAllMen #DieCisScum
          You are making my day by giving me great laughs. This post perfectly highlights the "somebody said mean things on the internets" problem that isn't really much of a problem anymore in the FOSS community, yet somehow gets complained about. Even better, its blowing all these social issues way out of proportion! Seriously, continue making my day.

This post even goes on as a commentary to tumblr like communities and the realization that opinions are not infallible is even better. +1 for even throwing "misogyny" around like it means "i disagree with your opinion". Its even one giant meme, the internet thanks you very much for your contributions from both men and women. Must say though, you did nail the coffin in Microsoft (being spelt as M$ for proper meme usage) being generally crummy.

Finally, i must commend you on using the most ridiculous of all possible hashtags to try to make me feel as threatened as possible, and making me and the world realize that this is just one giant empty threat. The world thanks you
          Last edited by NerdTaco; 10-23-2015, 09:47 PM. Reason: inclusivitiy of all (mostly) crummy internet communities

Comment

Working...
          X