The Rest Of The Year Should Be Super Exciting For Linux Enthusiasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rest Of The Year Should Be Super Exciting For Linux Enthusiasts

Phoronix: The Rest Of The Year Should Be Super Exciting For Linux Enthusiasts

While last quarter was exciting for Linux users as was all of the open-source activity last month, this final quarter of 2015 is looking to be even more exciting for Linux enthusiasts...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Linux-Outlook

Don't forget the supercar, PHP 7, this November

Comment

Also we'll will probably get the first real AAA racing games in GRID Autosport and/or Project CARS.

Comment

You forgot one of the most exciting things. That is the release of the HTC Vive, which will hopefully have Linux support. Here is a really nice video of the Portal demo: Link

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          maybe arma3 linux benchmarks on phoronix ?
          Still having troubles getting it working right.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The Steam Machines launch with the simultaneous release of HL3, Portal 3, L4D3, and other Valve titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if some of those don't happen, I really hope the launch will be huge with much fanfare!

Comment

Node.js 4 Long-Term Support is a very good new (but i get that you're more into the kernel stack than into high-level languages) - all will be overshadowed by kioquake3, a kernel implementation of the famouse game engine !

Comment

I don't have that much enthusiasm for Linux at all. I only have AMD Kaveri APU and that's it. If AMD would release Carrizo APU for the desktop, then I would certainly have enthusiasm for that.

Then what else should I be enthusiastic for my Linux desktop? What does Linux 4.3 and 4.4 bring me for a Kaveri APU? What about getting OpenCL to work with Blender's Cycles engine?

Comment

Well to me, all depend how evolve everything, I like the idea of Vulkan but a games being development with vulkan doesn't exist yet (until I know), so this mean will be like on mid of 2016 or later of 2016.
                  About VR I still not tested, even I m pragmatic about VR, time will tell, but the steam controller is something I will buy it.

Comment

Do someone has info about when other Skylake CPUs would be available?

Comment

Working...
                    X