Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NSA Is Looking At Systemd's KDBUS

Phoronix: The NSA Is Looking At Systemd's KDBUS

The latest "news tip" is from a Phoronix reader who expressed "concerns" that at least one NSA security analyst is going through the code for KDBUS, the systemd-backed in-kernel IPC mechanism that's planning for integration in Linux 4.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's pretty obvious that the linux kernel is full of backdoors. There are so many people working on it, that it is almost impossible to detected all backdoors.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that the linux kernel is free of backdoors. There are so many people working on it, that it is almost impossible to hide any backdoors.

Comment

Systemd's KDBUS?
        kdbus is not a systemd project.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Systemd's KDBUS?
          kdbus is not a systemd project.
          That is what you can say, but the reality is that systemd devs are the ones developing it and pushing.

Comment

It's bad enough they get to x-ray , fondle, steal from, harass, boss us around, listen to all of our phone calls, read all of our emails and humiliate us. We already know Micro$$oft is in with them but keep your hands off of linux for gods sake. Where is your line in the sand. Mine is been at least 7 years ago. I love how when you don't believe known liars ( the government) you get ridiculed as a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist... http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/...ow-030615.html

Comment

Uh… I got a mail telling me there was a new post in this thread, but I never subscribed to it! I haven’t read the article yet…
              And yet it says "subscribed" at the top of this page.

Comment

I am more worried about the guys behind systemd than NSA.
                The systemd developers will push any crap to the kernel, and now introduce security vulnerabilities to maintain legacy backwards compatibility with old smelyl dbus1 code.

They should have just used a simple virtual file-based IPC as is the Unix philosophy, instead of a special socket type.
                Seems the guys from Plan 9 from Bell Labs who designed the IPC system Plumber got it right.
                Then you could enforce security on a file-based level via chmod, chgrp, chown, AppArmor and SELinux.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Uh… I got a mail telling me there was a new post in this thread, but I never subscribed to it! I haven’t read the article yet…
                  And yet it says "subscribed" at the top of this page.
                  Must be the NSA screwing with the server.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    The systemd developers will push any crap to the kernel, and now introduce security vulnerabilities to maintain legacy backwards compatibility with old smelyl dbus1 code.
                    Try reading the article next time, it isn't a security vulnerability.

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    They should have just used a simple virtual file-based IPC as is the Unix philosophy, instead of a special socket type.
                    Seems the guys from Plan 9 from Bell Labs who designed the IPC system Plumber got it right.
                    Then you could enforce security on a file-based level via chmod, chgrp, chown, AppArmor and SELinux.
                    Again, kdbus does use a virtual file-based IPC. I have pointed this out to you at least three other times, but you keep ignoring it.

Comment

Working...
                    X