Nvidia gameworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia gameworks

As some of you may or may not know, Project Cars was released with heavy dependence on Nvidia's Physx rendering the game unplayable on most AMD setups.
    Witcher 3 also has some features that use it but those seem optional where as PCars is completely Dependant on it. There are threads on reddit, as well as semiaccurate about that exactly this means for PC gamers. Since both these titles at one time were said to be coming to Linux God only knows how much trouble these games will be for AMD owners.
    I for one won't be buying either as I have decided to firmly boycott any gameworks games. This does seem like a post for a certain linux gaming site but I seriously doubt with the rampant Nvidia love there that this would get an article.

It's funny so many people flee Windows to Linux but bring their bad practice company along for the ride championing how awesome their proprietary drivers work. There could be an upside to this, when all Nvidia graphics cards are over 1kUS because AMD went out of business maybe all games will work well....

AMD isn't perfect but I rather bank on them since they behave themselves for the most part and coming up with high performance technologies that should be adopted by now but aren't thanks to Nvidia, Intel and MSFT. Sigh...

It's hard to know what exactly to make of GameWorks because it's not obvious what are legitimate concerns and what is FUD-throwing.

E.g., the Project Cars thing. The latest statement from the devs shows the situation to not be as ominous as people have been saying.

Comment

I use Nvidia because it happens to WORK without problems with every OS I use. Including PC-BSD. If and when AMD has same kind of driver support I may think about getting AMD card...

Comment

As much as I would like to support AMD, it is just not possible... I cannot go with non existant drivers until they can manage to get their open-source driver in a good shape. Will see to the problem again when the FOSS AMD driver is in a decent state.

Comment

Wow, that has to be some kind of world record for a thread going off-topic.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X