No announcement yet.

OPW/Outreachy Has 30 Summer Projects For Encouraging Women In Open-Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course with legal I dont mean that the supermarket should be allowed to sell heroine...

something like portugal did:

In 2001, Portugal officially abolished all criminal penalties for personal possession of drugs, replacing punishment for therapy. Did it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
      I dont have interest to talk to a right wing even a red wind in amerika when a "left" wing guy in your country would be worse than our right wing asholes.
      Your "left" democrats are for death sentence, not even radical right wing parties are for this. this a complete absurd opposite of anything world you live in.

which fashist organisation did lie about your great justice system amnesti international , have fun to show they are not right.

to abortion, even that was not our topic, it shows again that you are from this christian taliban tribe in usa of course... it depends, I dont see that black and white, its a difficult topic. making animated horrorpictures, that dont show the real reality like you people often do does not help there, because when we want to talk about it, we should talk about the reality.

So is taking a pill to get not pregnent also wrong because partily it works the same. So the real question if you dont want to forbit even the pill, you have to talk how late is it ok to allow it.. maybe we go there to far..

The problem would be not that big, if social problems would be no thing again, many woman if not most would not do that, if the social situation for them were better. So am I in general for abortion yes, you cant stopp it anyway even if you are forbitting it, when the woman wants it they find a student or something who does it and then under uncontrolled situations, they maybe even die or cant get a baby for the rest of the live or other stuff happens.

its like with drugs, even hard drugs should be allowed, they take it anyway, its better to have that under control give them pure stuff, give em the stuff so that the dont make crime to get it...
      Let me just say, if a girl paid a student to murder her unborn child, they both deserve prison. I'm not totally against abortion, there are circumstances that warrant it. But it is a medical procedure that has a long history of legal precedent that -NEEDS- to be abided by.

EDIT: Do you even know what fascism is? You sound like the most fascist here by far.
      Last edited by duby229; 06 May 2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Let me just say, if a girl paid a student to murder her unborn child, they both deserve prison. I'm not totally against abortion, there are circumstances that warrant it. But it is a medical procedure that has a long history of legal precedent that -NEEDS- to be abided by.

EDIT: Do you even know what fascism is? You sound like the most fascist here by far.
        haha k sry bro have a nice day or live...

Comment

• Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          Wasn't one of the points of Guantanamo that it's not technically American soil so certain restrictions towards have PoW's can be treated by American federal law don't apply?
          Kinda, there's also that no state wants to hold them as they regard them as particularly dangerous and other foreign facilities weren't considered "secure" enough. I don't condone the treatment of the PoWs, but the sad fact is that if you're a PoW whoever is holding you is going to try to break you (of course in the case of ISIS and similar groups they're more likely to just behead you but my point holds). This is such a problem that the US trains military personnel, who are prone to ending up behind enemy lines and being captured, in resisting torture techniques culminating in I believe it is a 2 week training session where said military personnel are tortured using our own techniques as a test to see if they'll break.

Comment

• This is illegal and wrong. All people should have similar chances, that means those who perform more, should be paid more; those who perform less, should be paid less; and those who are not capable, should be given possibilities to become capable. What we see with such projects, is that pays more to be offensive provocative gay woman, than a regular man, which is insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by brosis View Post
              What we see with such projects, is that pays more to be offensive provocative gay woman, than a regular man, which is insane!
              Not sure what you refer to as "such projects".
              But since this has been posted in a thread about the Outreachy program, we know that it does not do that.

So maybe you have accidentally posted into the wrong thread or wrong forum?

Cheers,
              _

Comment

• Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                particularly when there are violent riots like is happening in baltimore The police are forced to be freer with use of deadly force by the situation. The current situation is certainly not: situation normal.
                Its already like 20 social unrests, they are normal. The hypothesis, is that these riots and even cults of hatred are more than welcome by government itself, following the goal to cut the less prosperous layer of population down to controlled amount. Very similar to what illnesses in 19 century did.

Comment

• Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
                  Not sure what you refer to as "such projects".
                  But since this has been posted in a thread about the Outreachy program, we know that it does not do that.

So maybe you have accidentally posted into the wrong thread or wrong forum?

Cheers,
                  _
                  You are not "we" and this "program" sure does exactly that. Maybe you were accidentally born on wrong planet?

Comment

Its already like 20 social unrests, they are normal. The hypothesis, is that these riots and even cults of hatred are more than welcome by government itself, following the goal to cut the less prosperous layer of population down to controlled amount. Very similar to what illnesses in 19 century did.
                    The key word there was violent, I put it in bold for a reason. That said yes of course the government welcomes it, to quote John D Rockefeller
                    Never let a crisis go to waste
                    But the reason the government welcomes is not the reason you posit, it has to do with controlling the greater public. What the establishment is trying to do is create a wave of "Civil Rights" issues for the black and female population of the US so that they can use these core voting basis to ensure their position in control, and don't have to deal with the consequences of an increasingly disillusioned American public, with MSNBC being used to kick the hornet's nest. They were still calling for the blood of the police officer who killed Michael Brown after it was unanimously decided that he acted in self defense by two separate juries, and all evidence supported this being the case.

Victim narratives are powerful things, Anita Sarkessian being a perfect case example. She went from being some nobody on the internet to making a half million dollars a year over a faked death threat, and managed to make her way into time 100 top influential people and managed to do things like get a spot on the colbert report. This has not gone unnoticed by the establishment, and so they are in full swing trying to stir people up that they can then turn into victims to maintain their power.

Comment

You are not "we"
                      Well, yes, of course. "We" referring to the people who have actually read the terms and conditions of the program and its goals, not "we" as in people not understanding or misinterpreting any of it.

As I didn't find it difficult I assumed that the majority of people would be in the former group, thus using the generalizing "we".
                      Given the amount of posters on this thread with misconceptions and wrong analogies does make that assumption look premature.

So yes, indeed, I and many others understand, through reading the project's documentation, that sexual preferences do not factor into the amount of many received by any participant.

Neither does being "provocative", whatever that means in the context of contributing to a Free Software project.

Neither do comparable programs like Google's Summer of Code make any difference between participants along these lines.

Cheers,
                      _

Comment

Working...
                      X