My Favorite Computer Desk Of The Past Decade For Less Than $100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
    For those asking: yes, fingerprints show up like crazy on the glass. You either have to be a clean freak who constantly wipes them off, or an apathetic slob like me. I recommend being an apathetic slob: life is so much easier and relaxed!

You will likely also need a good mouse pad -- the glass top is not optical mouse-friendly
    Using an oversized mouse pad will solve both issues... That's what I do. With large mousepad + keyboard + large monitor(s), the glass is basically covered, so no concern about fingerprints.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
      Eh, still has cross braces.
      I didn't say it didn't. I said that they don't interfere with your shins because they are further back.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Using an oversized mouse pad will solve both issues... That's what I do. With large mousepad + keyboard + large monitor(s), the glass is basically covered, so no concern about fingerprints.
        My laser mouse works well on glass....

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post

An interesting side effect is how glass-and-metal responds to speaker vibrations (assuming you put your speakers on the table). It's mystical.
          To avoid this I use a small rubber pad, then a house brick, then my Audioengine 2 speakers. The speakers have a rubber base anyway. The result is the speakers sit at about 7cm above the glass on a firm base. I have always preferred to lift my speakers up a bit on any type of desk. Audioengine sell speaker stands, but they cost more than recycled bricks. I have the same desks, but sold under a different name. I guess they all come out of the same Chinese factory.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            What... Maybe you should change that habit and use KWrite or such as erasable boards?
            KWrite/Kate, or LibreOffice Writer. I was using KJots for a while but I tended to require some of the more advanced formatting that LO:W allowed.

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Hah.. "Laptop battery ran out, no matter, I only carry it to scribble physically on it anyway"
            I don't ONLY use it for that :P But it is a lovely "I already closed all my stuff up, shit quick take this note down while you can still remember what the professor said" type of convenience. Also I tend to have a pencil somewhere within reach at all times, usually in my pocket, but don't always have a notebook, so I'll just quick close my laptop lid part way and jot the note down there. Erases perfectly fine as well, doesn't streak or rub off the paint / coating at all (not yet anyway)
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
              I don't ONLY use it for that :P But it is a lovely "I already closed all my stuff up, shit quick take this note down while you can still remember what the professor said" type of convenience. Also I tend to have a pencil somewhere within reach at all times, usually in my pocket, but don't always have a notebook, so I'll just quick close my laptop lid part way and jot the note down there. Erases perfectly fine as well, doesn't streak or rub off the paint / coating at all (not yet anyway)
              Use an SSD and you won't have problems like that

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Use an SSD and you won't have problems like that
                Got one :P
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Do you really sit so closely to the monitor?

Comment

How can you possibly sit so closely to the monitor.

For me a good desk needs much more "depth" so the monitor is at an acceptable distance.

Comment

Working...
                    X