X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
    Huh? you are the one slagging linux off, and you seem very confused, mixing up discussion of the OS, the GUI (whether KDE, XFCE, Gnome or LXDE) and the applications.

We all love it, as a stable solid platform that allows a lot of freedom; I love KDE, it's very flexible and tweakable. Sure, there are some headline applications you can't get for it, but I don't actually need photoshop, so I don't care.

Damn, I fed the troll.
    And again why is it that it is always the troll to call other peoplle trolls?

If anything you are the one confused.... If you don't like something, you don't have to use it....

If you can't understand such a simple concept then it's your own fault youre that dumb. Stop using shit you don't like dumbass.

Leave a comment:

• gsmith
    replied
    A sea change has happened since 2009.

The new blood can't maintain the free software movement however: they have thrown out the idea of Keeping It Simple Stupid for system tools and FORCE on everyone their new brand of SJW-created over complex tools (systemd).

The Linux kernel now has what can be described as a code of conduct.
    It too will sink.

No one wants to join this shit anymore. No man.
    Men allready had to deal with this garbage at work.
    Now in their hobbies. And you think any man will want to join that?

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Why continue to make excuses using something you don't like? If you know that using desktop linux is going to piss you off, why keep using it? Just use something else.
    Huh? you are the one slagging linux off, and you seem very confused, mixing up discussion of the OS, the GUI (whether KDE, XFCE, Gnome or LXDE) and the applications.

We all love it, as a stable solid platform that allows a lot of freedom; I love KDE, it's very flexible and tweakable. Sure, there are some headline applications you can't get for it, but I don't actually need photoshop, so I don't care.

Damn, I fed the troll.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Why continue to make excuses using something you don't like? If you know that using desktop linux is going to piss you off, why keep using it? Just use something else.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by computerquip View Post
    That's not what I said at all. Also, it's because I can change Linux to do whatever I want. That's the whole point of Linux in concept is during it's conception, there was no free alternative. Linux was a founder of it's time of that concept. Just because it lacks the functionality to accomplish my goals now doesn't mean it cannot be made to do it.

You're argument that something I'm not able to understand means it's not made for me basically excludes everyone from using Linux since everyone at some point didn't understand Linux, perhaps with the exception of Linus. What an appalling argument. Again, you have no right to tell me what I can use Linux for. Hell, not even Linus has that right.

Why not ask Linus what the purpose of Linux for Desktop is instead inserting your own goals and opinions? I highly doubt he would be against a more user-friendly desktop environment for the masses.
    There are tons of things that linux is capable of that I don't understand. Although that is what it may have seemed like I meant, it wasn't what I meant. What I meant was bitching about something in a forum isn't getting you anything. And if you don't understand that it isn't getting you anything, then that is a second reason why linux isn't made for you.

Leave a comment:

• computerquip
    replied
    You already admitted you don't like it.... So don't use it.....

Why sit here in this forum bitching about it when you know this is a forum where people who -do- like it gather? Why waste your time? It's for this reason it wasn't made for you. And secondly If you can't understand it, then that's another reason it wasn't made for you.
    That's not what I said at all. Also, it's because I can change Linux to do whatever I want. That's the whole point of Linux in concept is during it's conception, there was no free alternative. Linux was a founder of it's time of that concept. Just because it lacks the functionality to accomplish my goals now doesn't mean it cannot be made to do it.

You're argument that something I'm not able to understand means it's not made for me basically excludes everyone from using Linux since everyone at some point didn't understand Linux, perhaps with the exception of Linus. What an appalling argument. Again, you have no right to tell me what I can use Linux for. Hell, not even Linus has that right.

Why not ask Linus what the purpose of Linux for Desktop is instead inserting your own goals and opinions? I highly doubt he would be against a more user-friendly desktop environment for the masses.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by computerquip View Post
    Again, who are you to tell me what Linux is for?
    EDIT: Also, Linux isn't made for that. Linux was made for reasons that doesn't even pertain to today. Linux is known for fitting various situations and being flexible by supporting various hardware. I've already given one such example.
    You already admitted you don't like it.... So don't use it.....

Why sit here in this forum bitching about it when you know this is a forum where people who -do- like it gather? Why waste your time? It's for this reason it wasn't made for you. And secondly If you can't understand it, then that's another reason it wasn't made for you.

Leave a comment:

• computerquip
    replied
    It doesn't matter if you're a developer or not. If -you- don't like using a terminal, then linux wasn't made for you. Use something else and stop bitching about it.
    Again, who are you to tell me what Linux is for?
    EDIT: Also, Linux isn't made for that. Linux was made for reasons that doesn't even pertain to today. Linux is known for fitting various situations and being flexible by supporting various hardware. I've already given one such example.
    Last edited by computerquip; 15 March 2015, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
    duby229 is a troll, please don't feed trolls.

the troll has been quite successful in attracting a lot of attention for exaggeration, half-truths, deliberate misinformation, and out of date ideas.

fortunately Phoronix is unlikely to be read by people looking for an excuse to avoid linux.
    Why is it the troll that always calls someone else a troll? If you don't like it and you don't want to use it, then don't use it and stop bitching about it.

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    replied
    duby229 is a troll, please don't feed trolls.

the troll has been quite successful in attracting a lot of attention for exaggeration, half-truths, deliberate misinformation, and out of date ideas.

fortunately Phoronix is unlikely to be read by people looking for an excuse to avoid linux.
    Last edited by speculatrix; 15 March 2015, 03:46 PM. Reason: s/feel/feed/ oh dear what a typo!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X