No announcement yet.

The Latest Round Of GNOME's Outreach Program For Women Wraps Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect for such woman. Even with one leg she does not lose heart and enjoy this life.

Comment

Originally posted by pininety View Post
      The problem is, it is only about equality as long as there are less then 50% females. If there are less then 50% males, well thats because males are to stupid/do not want to do the job/wathever ergo we need to change nothing because its their own fault.
      Every single time.
      Take the ratio between females and males getting Abitur. As said, it was in 2010 56% females.
      A view years back. this ratio was the other way around and we had more males getting Abitur, we had a lot of programs
      to switch the school system around, help women get threw school and so on.
      Now, there are a lot of people who voice their concern because the drop out rates for males are higher and males get worse and worse education.
      Do you think there are now changes to help males? Nope. Because if a male does not succeed it is his own fault and if a women does not succeed
      it is a structural problem.
      It is a fairly important structural problem that men are bred into thinking it's an unmanly thing to seek support when you can't cope. It is true that this and as a result of it men not to helping those men who are worse off but only those they think they can gain something out of is a real issue. A friend of mine, a feminist, reminded me men and women who are not traditionally masculine are of the same segment largely and improving the situation of one may well help the other

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
        I don't have to make assumptions, just look at the special outreach programs that are going on and how little response they usually get.
        Huh? OPW has as far as I can tell been quite a success. In my own country I see similar examples of thriving outreach programs.

I don't think comment sections on the internet are particularly representative because they are usually filled with people who have an axe to grind and many aren't actually involved in any OS projects (neither am I at the moment) or work in the field. You can't use this as a benchmark. I'm still dubios as to the prove that somehow developers in a particular project or people working in IT (a very, very diverse bunch) are systemically treating women with less respect than the rest of their peers.
        I have seen hard cold data from my own university that showed that there is a very high tendency to treat women in technology different (in this case different = worse) to their male peers. You don't have to look very far to find similar opinions or studies.

I'm not speaking specifically to this program, because I don't care one way or the other.
        If you don't care, then why are you actively working against outreach programs? Because that is exactly what you are doing by publicly stating your view that these programs are unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          Yes! you are right! thats my point and you wrote it even better .

It is in fact a scandal! And I personally feel by myself that i am a victim of this shit only-for-womens-benefit system.

Women and the fuck system are only for equality in points when women get the profit and men lose.

I know another big example of Women Dictator-shipment only-for-womens-benefit system its: abortion

Women can do a abortion of mens unborn children but the other way around men are not allowed to do a abortion of womens unborn children.

It is only a weapon against Men to get perfect sexual matriarchate.

There are many more examples.
          The current feminist movement is all about subjugating men and promoting ?us vs. them? gender wars under the guise of ?equality? and it shares many similarities to racism that unfortunately thrived throughout the 20th century and still festers today.

Comment

O well so i need to lie to the people about my gender and call myself a women even if i am biologically a men LOL-..

And sure maybe this is the only way to quit the sexist attack on men's and just get the benefit of being a "women".

So we life in a world without any kind of gender we only and always choose what gives us the highest income in money.

Maybe to cheap .

In my Point of view it is only a full joke.
            I am a man, and I have actually attended female programming events on more than one occasion. Once I was the only guy. On another time, someones boyfriend was there too.

Comment

O well so i need to lie to the people about my gender and call myself a women even if i am biologically a men LOL-..
              How did you arrive at "lying about your gender"?

In your previous posting you wrote mistakingly that you could not participate because you had a penis.
              Assuming you meant a naturally grown penis I tried to clear up what must have been a misunderstanding on your part, because the program in question is not explicitly limited to biological gender.

It is basically the opposite of lying about one's gender, it encourages being true to one's gender identity independent of biology.

And sure maybe this is the only way to quit the sexist attack on men's and just get the benefit of being a "women".
              You are probably thinking about a different program, the OPW/Outreachy is about contributing to FOSS projects, its participants are not required to attack men.

Cheers,
              _

Comment

Women can do a abortion of mens unborn children but the other way around men are not allowed to do a abortion of womens unborn children.
                That's ridiculous!
                In no jurisdiction on this planet can a woman decide on aborting the pregancy of another person, this will always be pregnant person's choice.
                Usually referred to as personal agency, adult humans decided on their own which medical procedure to undergo, they do usually not decide on another person's behalf and especially not againts that other person's decision.

Cheers,
                _

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  I am a man, and I have actually attended female programming events on more than one occasion. Once I was the only guy. On another time, someones boyfriend was there too.
                  This is not a female programming event. It is a outreach program for women or people who identify as woman. They pay you if you are a woman or identify as a women while as a man you get nothing. I am not even sure if they allow you to attend if you identify as anything but female.

Comment

Originally posted by pininety View Post
                    This is not a female programming event. It is a outreach program for women or people who identify as woman. They pay you if you are a woman or identify as a women while as a man you get nothing. I am not even sure if they allow you to attend if you identify as anything but female.
                    Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                      Thanks for clearing that up.
                      Not sure what you are trying to tell me. Could you please explain a bit more?

I now it is annoying to write but that they only allowed women was a big topic in the last women outreach program.
                      Now, how they determine that I identify as female or male, I have not the slightest idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X