New Debian TC Members Appointed For Going Past The Systemd Fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Debian TC Members Appointed For Going Past The Systemd Fallout

Phoronix: New Debian TC Members Appointed For Going Past The Systemd Fallout

Last year following Debian's decision to choose systemd as its init manager and then the init coupling vote, there ended up being three resignations from Debian's Technical Committee: Colin Watson, Ian Jackson, and Russ Allbery. Those vacant seats have now been appointed by the existing TC members...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

3 bigots left and replaced by 3 new people. Great.

Comment

Hopefully those guys are putting their time into some project that will have an impact against systemd's forced adoption.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Hopefully those guys are putting their time into some project that will have an impact against systemd's forced adoption.
        Hmm, especially when one of them was working for years on its adoption
        Last edited by dungeon; 09 March 2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

The names don't mean much to me. Have the Canonical shills gone?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            You have no clue what the TC's purpose is, as it seems. May be you should further your knowledge about that.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              No, Langasek is still there

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                More like three heroes have been replaced by three traitors.

Comment

Huh, I didn't expect Tollef to apply, now that he left his position as the systemd maintainer. But that's good news.

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  No. Russ was definitely not it.

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                  Two have, one hasn't, one pro-systemd person left, and now the former systemd maintainer leader has been elected to it. So not bad overall.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    Huh, I didn't expect Tollef to apply, now that he left his position as the systemd maintainer. But that's good news.

No. Russ was definitely not it.

Two have, one hasn't, one pro-systemd person left, and now the former systemd maintainer leader has been elected to it. So not bad overall.
                    don't spill the ending so fast or at least put SPOILER ALERT!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X