Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported Steam Linux Usage Battles To Stay Above 1.0%

Phoronix: Reported Steam Linux Usage Battles To Stay Above 1.0%

With all of the GDC2015 announcements this week from Valve developing an Intel Vulkan Linux graphics driver to confirming a lot of new Linux games, I just noticed today that Valve published their Steam Survey results for February and it shows a decline in Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wine users = Linux gamers or Windows gamers?

Stupid question? Are wine users listed as Linux gamers or Windows gamers.

I already seem this form to fil while my Steam is working on Wine. But reading this article next time I will take care of the content automatically filled by the form.

Comment

Kids(90% of gamers) are on vacations(out of home) ofcourse.

Comment

Very sorry guys, I missed February polling. I was held up at work, my bad. I'll make sure to have steam open at the end of this month. Promise.
        Last edited by dh04000; 06 March 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          Very sorry guys, I missed February polling. I was held up at work, my bad. I'll make sure to have steam open at the end of this month. Promise.
          Did they just count me as linux user if i had steam open exactly that moment when they do the survey? I thought its counting anyways ... I didn't get this survey popup for at least 4 months ..

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
            Kids(90% of gamers) are on vacations(out of home) ofcourse.
            Right, and windows kids are never on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Isedonde View Post
              Right, and windows kids are never on vacation.
              I don't say only about linux... do you have the percent? Sure have decreased too..

Comment

I wonder how many installations get counted as Windows when Steam for Windows is running in Wine, to play some of the games not available on Linux? Since Pandemic still hasn't ported Plague, Inc. over, I run it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by pythoneer View Post
                  Did they just count me as linux user if i had steam open exactly that moment when they do the survey? I thought its counting anyways ... I didn't get this survey popup for at least 4 months ..
                  Yes. This is the main problem with those surveys - they only poll a fraction of the userbase. With small numbers (like with the amount of GNU/Linux gamers) it's very easy to have false results.

Comment

Who the hell cares???
                    Linux is for PRODUCTIVITY, not stupid brain rot games.

Comment

Working...
                    X