Eric S. Raymond Calls LLVM The "Superior Compiler" To GCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Fluoride in the water supply is what makes it drinkable. Plus people who drink tap water tend to have healthier teeth and bones.

Without fluoride we'd be exposed to a bunch of harmful diseases that flourish in clean tap water. Without fluoride our modern water supply would be impossible. So yeah, I would say that imposing your ideals on everyone for the sake of the lesser community is in fact communism.
    Wow, you spin around my argument to construct another argument, that has absolutly nothing to do with my argument, except the word fluride, so you dont have to say something about my argument.

BTW you are even completly provable wrong. We in germany and in whole europe dont use fluorid in water. So you are just WRONG 100% its possible. But I forget we european People are all Communists.

I agree that a 3rd world land like america (I really mean that) its maybe really not doable without. We see it on your horrible Powersupplies, that is 1 step from blackdown every seconds and had some bigger blackouts in the past.

isms are ideolegies, and not only communism is a ism, capitalism is also a ism, and dictatorship of a industrial war complex is maybe no ism but also really bad thing.

But maybe we go back to the topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Fluoride in the water supply is what makes it drinkable. Plus people who drink tap water tend to have healthier teeth and bones.

Without fluoride we'd be exposed to a bunch of harmful diseases that flourish in clean tap water. Without fluoride our modern water supply would be impossible.
      Just to go off on a tangent:

Bolded parts aren't true. Fluoridation does not do anything to make water 'cleaner' or more potable. It is done simply because it is a very cost effective way of providing a common good to the public (healthier teeth and reduced risk of cavities; bones get very little benefit from fluoridation in the form of a very slight drop in the possibility of fractures).

Compare the act of drinking water (a core essential of most lifeforms) to dispensing tubes of toothpaste, which is more expensive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        Compare the act of drinking water (a core essential of most lifeforms) to dispensing tubes of toothpaste, which is more expensive?
        I go even further, fluroide is as far as I understand it a waste product if you want to create alluminium, so if you cant make people belive its a good thing for them, it creates costs for trashing it. In the other case you can sell it and even make money out of it... so its clear that fluroids have to be something good.

Btw aluminium is also very toxic, that was also something that got not public except recently.
        Last edited by blackiwid; 15 February 2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          Just to go off on a tangent:

Bolded parts aren't true. Fluoridation does not do anything to make water 'cleaner' or more potable. It is done simply because it is a very cost effective way of providing a common good to the public (healthier teeth and reduced risk of cavities; bones get very little benefit from fluoridation in the form of a very slight drop in the possibility of fractures).

I guess you're right, I just looked into it and looks like I was wrong. I was thinking chlorine, but fluoride is what came to mind. Sorry.
          Under the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), EPA sets legal limits on the levels of certain contaminants in drinking water.
          Last edited by duby229; 15 February 2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
            I go even further, fluroide is as far as I understand it a waste product if you want to create alluminium, so if you cant make people belive its a good thing for them, it creates costs for trashing it. In the other case you can sell it and even make money out of it... so its clear that fluroids have to be something good.

Btw aluminium is also very toxic, that was also something that got not public except recently.
            My bad. ^^^^^

Comment

Are you suggesting that the reason we are adding fluorine to tap water and tooth paste is just to monetize a by product of aluminum production, and that fluorine must be dangerous because it's a by product of something?
              Be careful then, oxygen is also a by product of the same reaction. I won't suggest you stop breathing, but do as you well founded convictions tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                Are you suggesting that the reason we are adding fluorine to tap water and tooth paste is just to monetize a by product of aluminum production, and that fluorine must be dangerous because it's a by product of something?
                Be careful then, oxygen is also a by product of the same reaction. I won't suggest you stop breathing, but do as you well founded convictions tell you.
                there are warning symbols in wikipedia for it... in german "gesundheitsschaedlich"

Comment

• Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                  there are warning symbols in wikipedia for it... in german "gesundheitsschaedlich"

Comment

oxygen kills too, so does water, and at least half of all available medicine. So what exactly is your point?
                    You know, these yellow sticker don't come from god or magic, people did studies to determine what was dangerous and what was not, and at which intake level.

Comment

• Not to mention all that evil stuff in fruits!. Or that aluminium is practically in everything we eat (and thats not because of human intervention)
                      There have been some really stupid decisions regarding to flour, at least in europe. We got flour tabs in kindergarden, and the result was that I ended up with extremely white spots on my teeth.
                      So yes, you can overdo it, just like with anything really (The good thing tho is that these issues get taken seriously and acted upon it). That doesnt mean those people that are trying to categorize everything with good and bad are right, much less so if they make their living with creating fear and try to sell you stupid treatments or books about conspiracies.

Comment

Working...
                      X