Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gummiboot UEFI Boot Loader To Be Added To Systemd

Phoronix: Gummiboot UEFI Boot Loader To Be Added To Systemd

The newest feature being worked on for systemd? A boot loader, of course! It was revealed this weekend that systemd developers are looking at integrating Gummiboot into systemd...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the next item on the list will be ... a kernel.
    Rob
    email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
      Systemd needs to be an OS in itself, so coreboot should have systemd baked in

Systemd needs to change its name to SystemOS in that case haha

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
        Systemd needs to be an OS in itself, so coreboot should have systemd baked in

Systemd needs to change its name to SystemOS in that case haha
        What a good sense of humor you have there.

Comment

Naaah, I think that Linus would block all Kernel patches for that.... but I think systemd-libc is the next big thing.

Comment

Now wouldn't be a surprise than in the future they will add the kernel into systemd for security reasons, but of course, the kernel feature will remain option and you'll still be able to use systemd with the default kernel. PD: this wont happen, i'm just making fun of it.
            But still I guess they will have their reasons for what they are doing, maybe in the future we realize than thats the way to go.
            Last edited by edoantonioco; 02 February 2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Veske View Post
              What a good sense of humor you have there.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post
                Naaah, I think that Linus would block all Kernel patches for that.... but I think systemd-libc is the next big thing.
                That would then allow systemd to become part of the initrd sometime in the future, but isn't a stripped-down libc already part of initrd?

Comment

I almost wish there was a systemd os....No more moving targets, the buck stops here, 1 umbrella for everything. If you dont like it then submit a change/mod.

Comment

I hate to say it, but the vacuum cleaner is already clogged. It can keep sucking up more, but all that's happening is it's all getting stuck in the hose.

Comment

Working...
                    X