Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Walking Glitch View Post
    You had THIS CPU then.
    That's a Galatin core, which also has the PNI extensions for 64bit support, but as I said PNI is missing a few instructions from amd64.

Comment

• Originally posted by grok View Post
      A more decent replacement would be an LCD with IPS panel, that about doubles the price.
      True enough, but I was going for cheap, if you've got IPS money right now you're better off waiting a bit and getting something that'll support Displayport 1.2a or 1.3 for the adaptive vSync/Freesync and better yet the increased bandwidth.

Comment

• Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
        Hm, my Intel Atom based netbook manufactured June 2009 is 32 bit only.
        Shoullda went with the AMD Bobcat solution...

Comment

• Originally posted by chithanh View Post
          @drSeehas
          The initial netbook craze happened mostly on Intel Atom N270 CPUs, which are 32-bit only. But the Diamondville silicon itself is 64-bit capable, just Intel decided to fuse it off.

So you can thank Intel for intentionally gimping your netbook. They continue this practice to this day, which you may want to keep in mind next time you buy a computer.
          Among the plethora of other dirty buisness practices Intel has used over the years which is why unless theres no other choice I don't recommend Intel hardware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kivada View Post
            True enough, but I was going for cheap, if you've got IPS money right now you're better off waiting a bit and getting something that'll support Displayport 1.2a or 1.3 for the adaptive vSync/Freesync and better yet the increased bandwidth.
            Everybody seems to like IPS screens, but man, they're way too bright. You can light up a room with just the screen. And all the brand name IPS monitors all seem to have glossy screens.

EDIT: I don't know, but to my eyes CN screens look like they are crisper. Lines are more well defined.
            Last edited by duby229; 23 January 2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Everybody seems to like IPS screens, but man, they're way too bright. You can light up a room with just the screen. And all the brand name IPS monitors all seem to have glossy screens.
              It did take some setting adjustments and time to get used to before it felt like my retinas weren't burning. Now I'm very happy with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewi View Post
                It did take some setting adjustments and time to get used to before it felt like my retinas weren't burning. Now I'm very happy with it.
                Yeah, I guess I'm eventually gonna have to get one so I can get used to it. But, the idea of getting used to something always throws me off from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post

EDIT: I don't know, but to my eyes CN screens look like they are crisper. Lines are more well defined.
                  Well the reason that they are popular is their much wider viewing angles before there is color distortion and the accuracy in color reproduction. The higher end models have full compliance with the RGB and Adobe CMYK color accuracy tests, which matters if you are doing any kind of pro work on them.

For gamers thoguh theres a different train of thought that says that speed is better then color accuracy or viewing angles so they instead go for fast TN panels in the 120-144Hz range with as few inputs on them as possible to reduce input lag.

Comment

• Well, at least 99% of the time I'm looking straight on at the screen, so viewing angle is kinda like a non-issue for me. But, that's good to know, so thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                      Shoullda went with the AMD Bobcat solution...
                      Bobcat in June 2009?
                      Are you kidding?

Comment

Working...
                      X