Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You bit that b8 pretty hard they m80.

Originally posted by pgoetz View Post
    It would be horrible for any project to have something happen to the lead developer -- what's your point? BTW, in this particular case; in light of claims that someone has been trying to create a bitcoin fund to hire a hitman to kill Poettering, a comment like this could be viewed as a veiled threat. That stuff like this is going on in the open source community really pisses me off. Get a grip, people. It's free, open source software. If you don't like it, don't use it. Switch to gentoo or slackware or BSD (disclaimer: now the BSD folks are talking about doing something similar).
    Also, for the record, yes, it would be a shame if something were to happen to Poettering...

Comment

So, I just learned there were serious threats made against the man. That's a damn shame.

I f-ing hate systemd, but damn, hating software that sucks is ok. Hating the man that wrote it is not.

Comment

EDIT: On the other hand, if LP doesn't like the linux communities he's trying to force his gigantic bloated POS on, then maybe he should target a different community to force his junk on.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          So, I just learned there were serious threats made against the man. That's a damn shame.

I f-ing hate systemd, but damn, hating software that sucks is ok. Hating the man that wrote it is not.

Marriage is a good thing.... love, doves, children and all these nice things.

Comment

EDIT: On the other hand, if LP doesn't like the linux communities he's trying to force his gigantic bloated POS on, then maybe he should target a different community to force his junk on.
            How again does someone force a piece of software on others?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
              How again does someone force a piece of software on others?
              What? You mean to tell me you haven't noticed how for years systemd has been sucking up essential functionality that doesn't have any stand alone alternatives? Come on now. It's plainly obvious.

Comment

?Aguante Lennart carajo, ?dolo!

?systemd es la masa!

Comment

What? You mean to tell me you haven't noticed how for years systemd has been sucking up essential functionality that doesn't have any stand alone alternatives? Come on now. It's plainly obvious.
                  Then write the alternative software?

Comment

Wait, aren't you people usually arguing that systemd is nothing new and has standalone counterparts for all its functionality? Now it is the other way around, they have created something which does not have standalone alternatives?
                    Please tell me the components that systemd has been sucking in and that have no standalone alternatives, so that I can see if you actually have something to say or just repeat what you have read on a random blog without thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                      Wait, aren't you people usually arguing that systemd is nothing new and has standalone counterparts for all its functionality? Now it is the other way around, they have created something which does not have standalone alternatives?
                      Please tell me the components that systemd has been sucking in and that have no standalone alternatives, so that I can see if you actually have something to say or just repeat what you have read on a random blog without thinking about it.
                      as far as i know, if the part of systemd i don't like is the logging, there is no way for me to swap in an alternative. Yes i know I can have systemd send logs to other things, but that isn't the same as not using systemd's logging functions. Repeat this for each sub component. YOu basically have use all of systemd or nothing.

In addition to that, some major projects have decided that they will only work correctly when running on systemd (ex. GNOME), and seeing as i can't simply replace sub components of systemd that essentially ties those projects to systemd. What happens when all modern full featured webbrowsers decide they want to use some feature of systemd? suddenly i can either write my own browser, or not use one.

So really my issue with systemd is that it isn't modular in anyway. Basically has been since day 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X