No announcement yet.

Fedora Doesn't Yet Enable F2FS File-System Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the healthy community of trolls creeping from F2FS to RH bugzilla helps a lot. Honestly, if you want it, maintain it yourself and build the module through RPMFusion

Comment

Also, while it's more than fine to question technical decisions, calling people names in bug reports isn't going to bring any improvement (see comment #4 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=972446).

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
        Also, while it's more than fine to question technical decisions, calling people names in bug reports isn't going to bring any improvement (see comment #4 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=972446).
        Also the statement was fairly clear that while Fedora will not now enable it, you're free to do it yourself. Seriously, RPMFusion is a decent option. Opensource is not about ranting other people refuse to do something, it's about being able to do cool stuff yourself

Comment

The linked bugs were closed mid-2013, when F2FS was still a relatively new and untested filesystem. Since then there's been no comments from the Fedora team. I don't see much evidence of an evil conspiracy here.

Presumably F2FS will get enabled in the (hopfully) near future through whatever process new features are included.

Comment

A) Take it
            B) Leave it
            C) Shit on RedHat or someone who disagrees with RedHat?

I, for one, look down upon every last one of you for never trying cow's milk with maple syrup. My digestive system takes it just fine. My taste buds say it's great. My subjective take on maple syrup milk and my asshole reign supreme on this matter, filthy peasants.

Don't any of you get me started on underwear or potato bread. Those are super serious cans of worms right there.

Comment

Originally posted by timtas View Post
              Yes, exactly, they are only doing this for the good of all of us and it is very ungrateful to even start questioning their decision.
              Do you live in North Korea by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticmeow
                Just because there might be a "good" reason does not mean it is for the "good of all of us" or that "it is very ungrateful to even start questioning their decision". You just took what that person said and attempted to make it absurd in order to dismiss it. This is called the strawman fallacy.
                Well, I'd say I definitely exaggerated his wording a bit, I thought that was ok to make a point. Used to be, times change, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  Do you live in North Korea by chance?
                  Switzerland, actually, ABBA and all that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by timtas View Post
                    Switzerland, actually, ABBA and all that stuff.
                    Abba, that famous Swiss pop group.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                      Honestly, if you want it, maintain it yourself and build the module through RPMFusion
                      Nahh I'll just used Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                      X