Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alpha_one_x86 View Post
    It's normal to pay for work, under condition:
    So everyone else have to starve, because if they don't provide source code to their project they can't claim payment for it?

• the work go to the mainline
    • is clean, professional without security problem
    • under GPL and have open source mind
    • is validated by other

Comment

Sorry I'm not sure to understand your english. Can you say it in other form?
      Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if this work is inspired by http://www.linuxdna.com/
        In which case the need for patches would be definitive. However, from what I can read in the comments, the kernel has built-in power management. Meaning that using TLP will conflict with existing solutions.
        This is great work that is in need of a conflict list.

Pozdrowienia!

Comment

Sorry I'm not sure to understand your english. Can you say it in other form?
          It's normal to pay for work, under condition:
          [..]
          under GPL and have open source mind
          Are you saying that the people working on closed source code don't deserve to pay them?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this project was inspired by: http://www.linuxdna.com/
            It differs however at the point where it has its own power saving scripts, and probably other low-level optimizaitions. From what I can read it conflicts with solutions like TLP.
            I'd like to see a list of conflicting dependencies as a complement to this kernel. Otherwise this is splendid work!

Pozdrowienia!

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen it's not like You write:

1. I publish the source:

2. The achievement of such results is only required: proper configuration and here the most important process of compiling the kernel version
              3. I do not have time right now to a deeper explanation, but everything is compatible with the GPL 2.0. Tomorrow I will try to describe what calmly how.
              4. The fee is for providing optimized binaries - as the execution of the work.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
                Thats not how GPL works. This is perfectly fine.
                The hell are you smoking?

GPL: If you distribute binary, you must give source code on request.

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post

1. I publish the source:

2. The achievement of such results is only required: proper configuration and here the most important process of compiling the kernel version
                  3. I do not have time right now to a deeper explanation, but everything is compatible with the GPL 2.0. Tomorrow I will try to describe what calmly how.

Regards
                  Ok the GPLv2.0 permits that. You have the right to sell the binary but it must be reproduced by others too. You must not include extra closed code in the compilation process

Comment

1. I publish the source:

Regards
                    Nobody actually said that you didn't publish the source
                    Hypothetical response to the "article", which was written by a particularly weak source.

Comment

1. I publish the source:

Regards
                      Nice work.
                      Try to expand your business and optimize other libraries.

Comment

Working...
                      X