No announcement yet.

XLennart: A Game For Systemd Haters With Nothing Better To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So an obnoxious and incompetent douchebag who has turned Linux into the laughingstock of the computing world is being made fun of???

And now his juvinille fanboys are crying foul and pretending to be poor suffering victims - the very same little punks who shouted down anyone who disagreed with them and hijacked the community development process to ram this clown's POS project down the throat of Linux users.

Oh boo hoo.

The flood of users to FreeBSD has been amazing over the past six months thanks to the Systemd Fiasco

Systemd - it's funny because it's not happening to me.

Comment

I know nothing about systemd, but all this directed hate and ad hominem attacks have convinced me that systemd is doing something really important and necessary.

Also, I cannot begin to understand why the author of this game didn't spend his time contributing an systemd alternative?

Comment

Hehe it looks like somebody dusted off the old xbill code and ported it to Lennart. I've played xbill, back in the 90s, but I think Lennart is doing some interesting work.

Comment

Originally posted by Remdul View Post
          I know nothing about systemd, but all this directed hate and ad hominem attacks have convinced me that systemd is doing something really important and necessary.
          most people that are loud supporters of systemd don't know much about it
          you can't blame people as there is no proper documentation nor reasoning for anything related to it, just "features"

that said, again there is an "attack" against the "systemd haters"
          as if all people who dislike a piece of software do it for the same reasons
          or even better as if everybody that doesn't like the direction that systemd is going are ignorant and do it just because they hate Lennart

good thing critical thinking is dead
          better to just group people into political parties then insult them

Comment

Also, I cannot begin to understand why the author of this game didn't spend his time contributing an systemd alternative?
            I think this is the one and only point of view sane people should approach any systemd debate:

You don't like systemdddddd? Well, then go an make something better or contribute to existing projects.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
              I think this is the one and only point of view sane people should approach any systemd debate:

You don't like systemdddddd? Well, then go an make something better or contribute to existing projects.
              i am doing something better
              a process tracker that actually tracks processes

there are many init programs that are better then systemd
              problem is that systemd is not just an init, if it was a DE could never depend on it

PS the strong political and philosophical views that people have when talking about systemd are very demotivating
              not just for writing software

Comment

@gens:

Well I'm always in favor of alternatives. I like being able to chose, as I've learned quality of software comes and goes as times change. So I'm really in favor of systemd *and* whatever constitutes to the/an alternative.

So go for it. I know from personal experience how public debates like this can de-motivate individuals. But that's also why I don't want to join the folks criticizing systemd.
                Last edited by Remdul; 14 December 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
                  It seems that everyone who doesn't like Hitler is also hater according to this article.

HITLER has no activity during this period.

Comment

@gens:

Well I'm always in favor of alternatives. I like being able to chose, as I've learned quality of software comes and goes as times change. So I'm really in favor of systemd *and* whatever constitutes to the/an alternative.
                    yes, me too
                    thing is that systemd is designed in such a way to sway away alternatives, as writing a replacement for a piece of it would mean writing against the whole project
                    (or be shunted away as your program does not work on "main" distros)

to say this is a bit dramatic, as there are only 2 "vital" programs that are intertwined with systemd
                    but the authors of it specifically stated that they don't want anything else being in the middle of linux (between user programs and the kernel)
                    and that is a bad way of thinking (the "i know best" way, that is)

Comment

I am also not a fan of systemd, but everything has limits. This game is pathetic and so low. And yes I am also a bit disappointed in Michael for writing about it, even if I understand it means more clicks for him - actually even more disappointed so, does this mean he will do anything for some ad revenue? This game clearly crosses the line of unethical.

Comment

Working...
                      X