Mozilla Developer Experimenting With Firefox UI In HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    Well, assuming Mozilla's HTML renderer and JS interpreter aren't dog slow but if they are, that'd be a problem in its own right
    I'm pretty sure its exactly the same code that does both.

Comment

WTF!

Mozilla, we ONLY need a browser which is super secure and super duper fast.
      Stop wasting time on such projects

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
        I see a lot of words with a lot of claims, but no facts.

Rekonq, along with Qupzilla are both junk. They don't hold a candle to GNOME Web's Epiphany.
        What are Epiphany's equivalents for the following:

NoScript
        CS Lite
        Ghostery
        Better Privacy
        Secret Agent
        AdBlock Plus
        Redirect Cleaner

Does Epiphany support WebRTC? Can you use Hangouts or jitsi meet with it?

Firefox is simply the king when it comes to standards and extensibility. WebKit wrappers are always going to be more limited, that's why I switched away from Konqueror after about a decade of using it.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          Well, assuming Mozilla's HTML renderer and JS interpreter aren't dog slow but if they are, that'd be a problem in its own right
          Their next-gen stuff is crazy fast. If this ever becomes the standard interface, it will be running on Servo and a next-gen JS engine, and that should be fast enough.

Comment

The Mozilla team is working hard to make Firefox suck even more.

What they should to is to remove as much as possible, not add a ton of crap. Minimize the UI and make it start faster, until then I'll stick with Chromium
            Last edited by Staffan; 11 December 2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Staffan View Post

What they should to is to remove as much as possible, not add a ton of crap. Minimize the UI and make it start faster, until then I'll stick with Chromium
              Nobody has added anything. It's an independent project by one of the devs, and there are no plans for mainlining any of this for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Staffan View Post

You know that, if the UI would be rendered by HTML, the XUL interpreter could be removed? :P

Comment

On the upside: if the UI will be defined as HTML/JS, one will have more freedom to customize it. As in, something resembling a traditional uncluttered Firefox 1.0 UI (or whatever one prefers).

Comment

This is an unofficial project by a developer who happens to work by Mozilla, done in his free time... it's certainly a neat proof of concept. I don't really understand most of the reactions in this thread.

Comment

Actually firefox is faster than chrome now. Firefox startup time is faster and rendering is much faster. I have tested on 3 computers and chrome just feels sluggish compared to firefox.

Comment

Working...
                      X