Mozilla Developer Experimenting With Firefox UI In HTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axfelix View Post
    I have to admit that I'm often baffled by mozilla's priorities...
    It's very simple really: Mozilla removes features that set it's browser apart from IE, and adds features that make it more like IE.

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
      It's very simple really: Mozilla removes features that set it's browser apart from IE, and adds features that make it more like IE.
      I'm rather certain this is trolling, but I'm game, lets debate this.
      In this case:
      - what is/are the removed feature/s that set it apart from Internet Explorer?
      - what is/are the added feature/s that make it more like Internet Explorer?

Comment

Originally posted by alexvoda View Post
        I am not sure if this is just trolling or I should actually try to explain things a bit here.
        It can only be trolling until they can show one screenshot of ads in Firefox. Until then they are lying. They should look at Opera a few years ago. Those were ads.

Comment

I think they could try an Opera mini like experiment: FF LITE

specially on mobile platforms like android, ffos and ubuntu phone

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post

Could you please elaborate what you mean by that? How would this program be different from regular firefox on android?

Comment

This seems like a horribly bad idea.

Just imagine how much websites can break out of that sandbox and mess with the browser and read everything.

Just imagine how dumb it not to separate the content from the client.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post

Could you elaborate what you mean by that? How would this lite version be different from the current Android version and from FFOS?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Just imagine how much websites can break out of that sandbox and mess with the browser and read everything.

This is just about using the same engine code to generate the UI and to generate the pages. They'll still be in completely different contexts.

Comment

Not true. It could live in another embedded browser window so there is no cross contamination. I doubt they are loading pages in iframes within one big window.

Comment

1. I am sure they are taking this into consideration.
                      2. Is there currently a way to break out of the sandbox of an iframe into the main page?

Comment

Working...
                      X