• Show
Clear All

• "Song", as mentioned by Lennart.

Relevant to the "song" he mentioned but didn't cite,
    Maybe it's one of these;

Fk systemd song: youtu.be/JbRztcLaQa8
    Anti systemd rant: (maybe this is what he ment?): youtu.be/dH0NkW_7968

Though it's possible he regards "rap" aka "talking" as a "song",
    so maybe he's talking about some recently released systemd testimonials: youtu.be/LMqbeE84ANY

Who can say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naib View Post
      I did watch it, twice. My point is how Lennard interupted is beyond rude. I agree the presentation has holes but that is no excuse for the level of interruption that he endured, we would immediately interrupt when Datenwolf went to defend himself... bad form & this kind of behaviour makes him an asshat & while before I didn't have an opinion on him BUT on sysd , that's changed... he can't take criticism, he can't communicate in a civil manner. A dick needs to be found to fuck him to stop him shitting on linux anymore (re. Team America)
      I would totally agree with you if datenwolf had actually said "Please do not interupt" instead of "Please interupt me then ever you want and by the thats your opinion on this slide?"
      I would agree if datenwolf had told the Angels "Can ypu please stop this so I can do my talk without interuptions" instead of the Angels asking him "Should we stop this so you can give your talk?" and he goes "No, no, please let him speak".

As you said. It is datenwolfs talk. If the says it is fine, he cannot blame anyone but himself. Exscpecially when the Angels ask him because they think this might get out of hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by pininety View Post
        He could have held the talk in German because his English is crap but no, he had to do it in English.
        His English was fine - he has a noticeable German accent, but a native English speaker could easily understand everything that he said. Which bits did you have trouble understanding?

Comment

• Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
          Eh??
          maybe aspects of what he was presenting was wrong BUT it was his presentation NOT a discussion
          Are you serious?
          Just because it is your talk it doesn't mean you are authorized to spread wrong statements here and there.
          A wrong statement must be correct (especially in technical field), several wrong statements in the same talk are simply ridiculous.
          I never said there was anything wrong with point out problems, I said the problem is how it was done...

Comment

• Community is full of assholes (myself included), deal with it.

If a 'change' makes your box unbootable or breaks some userspace program (ulatencyd...),
            LP tells you to fix your setup and close as WONTFIX.
            When LP abuses debug kernel commandline parameter, he tells Linus to fix it.
            LP must really be arrogant to still wonder why _some_ people hate on him.
            Basic user will never know nor care to know tho.

Systemd is love/hate relationship for me, it fixes many problems that sysadmins/powerusers tackle, but it creates quite a few problems on it's own.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisb View Post
              His English was fine - he has a noticeable German accent, but a native English speaker could easily understand everything that he said. Which bits did you have trouble understanding?
              His English was not fine, at best tolerable and at worst he was not able to translate his comments and ideas to English anymore.
              If this had been a English conference and you are forced to do the talk in English I would not have minded but this was a German conference where the organiser asked every speaker to please use German if they are not very good English speakers. Yet datenwolf decided to give his talk in English for thatever reason and his talk sufferd a lot by his decision.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad but one critic of Lennart I read actually claimed that Lennart as a native English speaker used his superior langugage skills to let datenwolf look like a idiot. Why is this funny? Because Lennart is a German just like datenwolf. Hell, maybe datenwolf would have even be able to express his critics better in German instead of the "But but but I do not like it" we got now.

Comment

• Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                When LP abuses debug kernel commandline parameter, he tells Linus to fix it.
                That wasn't LP, it was Kay Sievers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
                  Health or death threats need to be always dealt with, with full force, this is not "fun" or "jokes", regardless of what anyone thinks. Though if someone says to your face that he is going to hurt you, there is a very high probability that he can't do that and is saying stuff out of spite (because if he could he'd just do it), but it never hurts to be careful and prepared for attack (and strike back when needed).
                  Making a death threat is illegal. If Lennart really believed what he has said - that he has received death threats and there is a plot to hire a hitman - then he should contact the police instead of writing a blog post. The fact that he instead chose to write a blog post shows that he probably understands it as a joke and not an actual threat, and instead chose to use it as ammunition to fire at Linus - which is sad given that Linus had been a public supporter of systemd.

Comment

Making a death threat is illegal. If Lennart really believed what he has said - that he has received death threats and there is a plot to hire a hitman - then he should contact the police instead of writing a blog post. The fact that he instead chose to write a blog post shows that he probably understands it as a joke and not an actual threat, and instead chose to use it as ammunition to fire at Linus - which is sad given that Linus had been a public supporter of systemd.
                    This blog post is not about systemd vs. the world, but about sick individuals in a community. Maybe he contacted the police and the people where caugt, still you can blog about it and use it as example for harmful excesses.

Comment

... at Linus - which is sad given that Linus had been a public supporter of systemd.
                      he didn't say he supports it
                      he said there are some good ideas in it, and that other inits can do the same thing
                      same thing i said the first time

Comment

Working...
                      X