X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scionicspectre
    replied
    Originally posted by Temar View Post
    LOL, I really like Krita and use it a lot, but Photoshop is lightyears ahead of Krita. I don't want to speak ill of Krita, it is a great software. Still, Adobe has the bigger development team and a headstart of about a decade.
    Krita has a very different target audience and usecase than Photoshop. There are things related to digital painting that Krita does better than Photoshop, and for the most part Photoshop is much better at editing images such as photos and doing non-destructive editing of designs or advanced textures.

So, essentially, it wouldn't make sense to compare them as such. Krita fills a very different niche. Of course, the features available in Photoshop are by no means impossible to achieve, and many of the more important ones are being implemented for upcoming GIMP releases. I'm afraid that, for a professional designer, there are much bigger issues than whether Photoshop runs on Linux or not. I can't imagine anyone going without multiple applications from the Adobe suite for their day to day work in the larger multimedia community.

Leave a comment:

• Ibidem
    replied
    My understanding is that the latest version of of Photoshop is "cloud-based" on all platforms, so Linux gets what everyone else gets.
    The catch is that most people who use Photoshop (as far as I can tell) are really unhappy about the new version, since cloud-based is a subscription-based always-online mess.

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    This comes off as something akin to Nero. Too little too late, apparently everyone is using Krita these days.
    Hahahahah . You're funny.

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    This comes off as something akin to Nero. Too little too late, apparently everyone is using Krita these days.
    LOL, I really like Krita and use it a lot, but Photoshop is lightyears ahead of Krita. I don't want to speak ill of Krita, it is a great software. Still, Adobe has the bigger development team and a headstart of about a decade.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudregues
    replied
    Originally posted by magika View Post
    This feels like some sick joke.
    I was thinking the same. But you know, things change...!

Leave a comment:

• RoninDusette
    replied
    Just FYI, I wrote a script for PlayOnLinux that actually runs Lightroom 5.4 32-bit very, very well. I know, it isn't native, but I use it all of the time. I almost never boot into Windows to use it, as I can use it on POL. Better than nothing, though. I really hope it goes native like Nat Geo soon. hahaha.

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.playonlinux.com/en/app-22...ghtroom_5.html

Leave a comment:

• BSDude
    replied
    Originally posted by magika View Post
    Either that or this will finally be the nail in the coffin for those against linux adoption.

Leave a comment:

• magika
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Adobe Brings Streaming Photoshop To Chromebooks

Adobe Brings Streaming Photoshop To Chromebooks

Phoronix: Adobe Brings Streaming Photoshop To Chromebooks

Adobe's popular Photoshop software landed on Linux sort of today with a streaming version that will be available to Chromebook users running Chrome OS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X