X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by rice_nine View Post
    Remarkable. See you around, guys and gals.
    I hope you are not upset, because I edited out a "not" in one of the sentences, but have understood my comment nevertheless. It just accidentally happened while previewing it.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by interested View Post
    More and more people are beginning to get actual knowledge about systemd these days ...
    Just not you.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    Wait, so sdack is a system supporter? He really didn't come across as one.

Now I understand why everyone here is confused.
    It is a classic setup to manufacture an "opponent" that argues so badly that he really end up supporting the opposing side.

User "sdack" is so technically ill prepared and are claiming such wiffle-waffle nonsense, that he end up smearing all systemd opponents as fools. In that he does good service for the pro systemd side.

It is the danger of negative campaigning devoid of technical substance, that the paranoid ranting, unfounded slandering, and spouting of factual nonsense, begins to have the opposite effect of what was intended. User "sdack" probably think he is protesting against systemd, but in reality, his behaviour just ensure that sensible people drifts towards systemd.

More and more people are beginning to get actual knowledge about systemd these days, since it is slowly spreading into more and more Linux distros. A lot of people who disliked systemd because of the factual wrong information dispensed by the systemd-haters, gets converted to pro-systemd people when they start using it and reading the documentation.

Leave a comment:

• rice_nine
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    You missed one fact. To make it a technical discussion do you need to bring a technical argument and you have done that. You only talk about the packages it comes in and have made it about as technical as a child when it talks about the colour of cars having a technical merit.

I am a little bit disappointed. I had hoped you would actually go looking for technical details to find a way out of this. Instead did you stop rowing and decided to dig a hole for yourself. Whatever, I am having a laugh.

Keep on digging. Show me what you can find!
    Remarkable. See you around, guys and gals.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by finalzone View Post
    Indirectly. sdack is doing a fine job encouraging more use of systemd given the lack of true technical reasons against it.
    Each time sdack tried to argue against systemd, new users will be intrigued about its features for their real world jobs.
    Am I doing a fine job, yes?

You do not even know what a fine job is nor will you have ever done a fine job in your life! I wonder if you even have a real world job. You are just full of nonsense and are making me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    Indirectly. sdack is doing a fine job encouraging more use of systemd given the lack of true technical reasons against it.
    Each time sdack tried to argue against systemd, new users will be intrigued about its features for their real world jobs.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    You really are badly prepared when it comes to technical discussions ...
    You missed one fact. To make it a technical discussion do you need to bring a technical argument and you have done that. You only talk about the packages it comes in and have made it about as technical as a child when it talks about the colour of cars having a technical merit.

I am a little bit disappointed. I had hoped you would actually go looking for technical details to find a way out of this. Instead did you stop rowing and decided to dig a hole for yourself. Whatever, I am having a laugh.

Keep on digging. Show me what you can find!
    Last edited by sdack; 12 September 2014, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied

[snip]

Seriously, the pro systemd side couldn't have paid for such an excellent support you are giving them. The systemd opponent camp seems to rapidly deteriorate into a tin-foil hat, swivel eyed loony brigade without any technical clue whatsoever. So please, rant on, you are doing great work on convincing people that systemd is a good thing.

Now I understand why everyone here is confused.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    logind is from the mid 80s and came with inetd. systemd has copied it as part of its compatibility to inetd.

You have just shown that you know absolutely nothing about it. Keep rowing your boat backwards. I would like to see over what rock you will be trying to get out of this.
    You are seriously misinformed about systemd's logind. Also, I think you confuses it with rlogind from inetd, which again that has nothing to do with systemd, and is totally unsuitable as a ConsoleKit replacement.

To sum up:
    "logind" is totally new code and is part of systemd, and replaces ConsoleKit.

"login" and "rlogind" have totally different scopes, which is why SysVinit distros can't use them as replacements for Consolekit.

You really are badly prepared when it comes to technical discussions, and you are simply fantasising when you think upstream projects like XFCE can use "login" or even more laughable, "rlogind" as replacements for "ConsoleKit" or "logind".

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    "logind" is part of systemd. It is a new project that has nothing to do with "login" or whatever other program you confuses it with. We are talking really basic factual knowledge here, so you are doing massive damage to your cause be being so unprepared about the technical facts.

Yeah, "logind" is an exclusive systemd feature, somewhat similar to ConsoleKit, just much more capable and advanced, since it uses systemd as PID1 features.
    logind is from the mid 80s and came with inetd. systemd has copied it as part of its compatibility to inetd.

You have just shown that you know absolutely nothing about it. Keep rowing your boat backwards. I would like to see over what rock you will be trying to get out of this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X