This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by interested View Post
    Neither Gentoo nor Slackware use SysVinit.
    Actually, both of them use SysVInit. It is just that Gentoo uses OpenRC on top of it, while Slackware uses plain SysVInit with BSD style scripts.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
      If you truly believed there was not anything wrong with systemd then you would be thanking RedHat for it and live happily ever after. Instead are you looking at the people who give criticsm and want to critise them back as if you did not know what was going on.

Who even cares what you think? You did not write the software, which means you are not responsible for it and you are clearly happy with it. Why are then struggeling so hard at it?

At the end of the day is there no law against criticsing a piece of software and to protest against it, and there is no law that says you have to understand it.
      So I criticise your argument that makes absolutely no sense, therefore I don't have any criticism of systemd. Right, makes total sense? What.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
        Actually, both of them use SysVInit. It is just that Gentoo uses OpenRC on top of it, while Slackware uses plain SysVInit with BSD style scripts.
        Should have said, "pure" SysVinit, so you are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
          So I criticise your argument that makes absolutely no sense, therefore I don't have any criticism of systemd. Right, makes total sense? What.
          No. You critise people's arguments, because you do not understand them. Any critism you have on systemd you need to give to RedHat. Other than this does nobody truly care for what you say. One merely respects each other and helps where help can be given.

Comment

• Originally posted by jan1024188 View Post
            Its called freedom of choice and its a beautiful thing. Let a modern man use modern tools, and the caveman play with his init scrips.
            And you were doing so well there, looking civilized and reasonable, and then you accidently let your troll show. So sad.

Comment

No. You critise people's arguments, because you do not understand them. Any critism you have on systemd you need to give to RedHat. Other than this does nobody truly care for what you say. One merely respects each other and helps where help can be given.
              I did nothing other than point out you said something that didn't make sense and was not logical. Here's the thing you said:

Originally posted by sdack View Post
              You are thinking, because it was given to all of us for free should we be grateful for it. If that was in any way logical then Windows users should be grateful for every worm and virus they get. And everyone reading your comments should be grateful to have read them.
              And in response I said:

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
              Nobody thinks "because it's free it must be great", you're just trying to frame people who disagree with you as idiots. In other words, nice strawman and attempted ad hominem argument.
              Which has nothing at all to do with any of the other stuff you followed up with. Your argument sucked, that was all of my point.

Comment

Which has nothing at all to do with any of the other stuff you followed up with. Your argument sucked, that was all of my point.
                You are trying too hard. Who says you need to like what I write? It is however what you are doing with those who critise systemd. You want people to accept something they think "sucks" and yet here you are critising me for an argument of which you think sucks. Do you still not want to understand what what goes for you goes for everybody else?

So what shall we do? Accept that things suck and never speak out about it, or not to accept them and to say what we think? I let you decide...

Comment

You are trying too hard. Who says you need to like what I write? It is however what you are doing with those who critise systemd. You want people to accept something they think "sucks" and yet here you are critising me for an argument of which you think sucks. Do you still not want to understand what what goes for you goes for everybody else?
                  Wow, yeah, let's just through logical arguments out the window and resort to this bullshit.

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  So what shall we do? Accept that things suck and never speak out about it, or not to accept them and to say what we think? I let you decide...
                  You could make better arguments for your position. Arguments that actually make sense and don't rely on logical fallacies.

Failing that you could at least get involved to make sure your needs are met. And no, that doesn't mean posting the same old bullshit arguments on Phoronix (not that I'm saying you specificaly have been, but others do, see prodigy_ and his "systemd is cancer" idiocy).

If none of that is appealing, and you don't like your bullshit being called out, then I suggest you take some time and actually think about what your saying before saying it.

Comment

You could make better arguments for your position. Arguments that actually make sense and don't rely on logical fallacies.
                    Again, you are just trying too hard. Why can you not relax? Who here says one needs to give you arguments? You are not forced to accept them when these make no sense to you.

It is the same with people not wanting to accept systemd, because it makes little sense to them. Well, with the one difference that they have no choice but to accept it, because their distros have made the decision for them. So you are already better off. You can decide.

Comment

Again, you are just trying too hard. Why can you not relax? Who here says one needs to give you arguments? You are not forced to accept them when these make no sense to you.

It is the same with people not wanting to accept systemd, because it makes little sense to them. Well, with the one difference that they have no choice but to accept it, because their distros have made the decision for them. So you are already better off. You can decide.
                      "Yeah man, what's truth anyway? I'll believe whatever bullshit I want! Logic be damned!"

Congratulations, you're an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                      X