Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OS Battle: Linux Takes 1.7% Desktop Marketshare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by sarmad View Post
    The blog post may be clean, but it's still hosted at pornhub. No thanks, I'm not clicking that link at work.
    Yeah, I did not do it either.

    I am still bummed out over the fact that most of their traffic is coming from schools.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by gutigen View Post
      Yes, because mostly young people watch porn... Oo
      That's a good point. The Guardian ran an article a short while ago which claimed that teens saw porn, specifically online porn, as potentially damaging.

      http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2014/aug/20/teenagers-internet-pornography-damaging-poll



      Comment


      • #23
        VHS vs. Betamax

        I believe that almost everyone knows that Betamax was/is better than VHS and the one and only reason that VHS prevailed is ... porn.

        Too many nonsense answers, without good knowledge of... what people use Internet for....

        Porn site have good system administrators, do you think so? I think they know how to count users.

        Did you know that javascript can find what is your flash version )

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by edmon View Post
          I believe that almost everyone knows that Betamax was/is better than VHS and the one and only reason that VHS prevailed is ... porn. ...
          *lol* What a funny myth, but it is not true. People chose VHS over Betamax simply because one could get more recorded on VHS. Betamax was limited to one hour recording time and VHS could record 2 hours, which simply killed Betamax. You could get an entire movie onto a VHS cassette. I am sure the porn industry did not care for the format. They will use anything. Or as they say, "What is the difference between a porn star and a porn king? The porn king does not give a f..."
          Last edited by sdack; 08-28-2014, 05:23 PM.

          Comment


          • #25
            i like it

            Originally posted by sdack View Post
            *lol* What a funny myth, but it is not true. People chose VHS over Betamax simply because one could get more recorded on VHS. Betamax was limited to one hour recording time and VHS could record 2 hours, which simply killed Betamax. You could get an entire movie onto a VHS cassette. I am sure the porn industry did not care for the format. They will use anything. Or as they say, "What is the difference between a porn star and a porn king? The porn king does not give a f..."
            i like this reports, other i enter in some website who says what os i'm using (i use ubuntu and manjaro) for my surprise it says i'm running windows 8.1 even the last M$ ceo says linux usage is much bigger

            Comment


            • #26
              But the numbers doesn't add up. A little over 2% is missing. I am guessing more Linux, and maybe some lesser know smartphones not detected correctly, and a little bit of BSD.

              Comment


              • #27
                Linux Users

                Linux users make up 95% of the market share, but unlike windows users who are constantly accessing porn, we get laid!

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by sdack View Post
                  *lol* What a funny myth, but it is not true. People chose VHS over Betamax simply because one could get more recorded on VHS. Betamax was limited to one hour recording time and VHS could record 2 hours, which simply killed Betamax. You could get an entire movie onto a VHS cassette. I am sure the porn industry did not care for the format. They will use anything. Or as they say, "What is the difference between a porn star and a porn king? The porn king does not give a f..."
                  even i didn't believed very much in this crap , but now i know why it it true.
                  You statement just prove that issuing too many 2 hours long porn movies is the real reason.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    24% of Pornhub?s Windows users are based in the United States.
                    24% of Pornhub?s Linux users are based in the United States
                    Over half of Pornhub?s Mac OSX users come from the United States.
                    *Sighs*

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by edmon View Post
                      even i didn't believed very much in this crap , but now i know why it it true.
                      You statement just prove that issuing too many 2 hours long porn movies is the real reason.
                      Betamax was content controlled. Porn was not allowed on it. But yes, the fact that it was too short for most real movies was probably a bigger part of the problem.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X