Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OS Battle: Linux Takes 1.7% Desktop Marketshare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    I LOL'ed when I saw people going on PornHub with Windows NT4

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
      Misleading title is misleading. Again.
      Nevermind the misleading title, how about that misleading pie chart!

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Kushan View Post
        Nevermind the misleading title, how about that misleading pie chart!
        *creampie chart!

        Fixed.

        Comment


        • #14
          The blog post may be clean, but it's still hosted at pornhub. No thanks, I'm not clicking that link at work.

          Comment


          • #15
            Remember most proxies will be running Linux, so it doesn't really give any indication of desktop share at all.

            Assuming most people browsing are of the younger audience, proxies will be very high on the popularity list for avoiding filters.

            Comment


            • #16
              A lot of linux users take their privacy very seriously so they use addons like blender: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/blender-1/

              there's no way to know the exact marketshare of linux just using web traffic.
              Last edited by Sdar; 08-28-2014, 01:55 PM.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by elapsed View Post
                Assuming most people browsing are of the younger audience, proxies will be very high on the popularity list for avoiding filters.
                Yes, because mostly young people watch porn... Oo

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                  The blog post may be clean, but it's still hosted at pornhub. No thanks, I'm not clicking that link at work.
                  Alright, get back to work then.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Sdar View Post
                    A lot of linux users take their privacy very seriously so they use addons like blender: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...don/blender-1/

                    there's no way to know the exact marketshare of linux just using web traffic.
                    Except that addon is pointless when using a proxy, which is a far more common option.

                    Also, only 5k users... lol. I doubt they are all porn viewers.

                    Originally posted by gutigen View Post
                    Yes, because mostly young people watch porn... Oo
                    Young being under 30. I also wouldn't be surprised if the majority of porn viewers were 15-25.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Michael Larabel
                      visit OS Battle, which is a clean web-page if you're at work
                      Sure... visit Pornhub.com @ work.

                      Also noticed these "clean" images on refered page:


                      The hanging butts (this girl needs some serious frontsquat and lunge work), although I like the hipsters



                      Butt this one looks better

                      Last edited by tmpdir; 08-28-2014, 02:54 PM. Reason: added nice pictures :)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X