Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeavensRevenge
    replied
    Do you have any idea how bad this is? This better be false/FUD because this is no laughing matter. Also my subscription to your premium service will also end. If i cannot trust you and you're just gaining bullshit clicks I'll tell everyone to never trust this sites information again.

Leave a comment:

• DeiF
    replied
    The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated
    support of Windows XP.
    There was planned support for Windows 8 as of 2014-05-24, or so says Wikipedia.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Inside source package, Readme.txt there is also the same warning:

WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure as it may contain unfixed security issues

The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated
    support of Windows XP. Windows 8/7/Vista and later offer integrated support for
    encrypted disks and virtual disk images. Such integrated support is also
    available on other platforms. You should migrate any data encrypted by TrueCrypt
    to encrypted disks or virtual disk images supported on your platform.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    This seems very fish.

I'm going to guess it's BS and the page has just been hijacked. The page uses a redirect, rather than actually being on the website, and it has no reasoning.

The binaries posted on the page also possibly contain malware.
    Last edited by Britoid; 28 May 2014, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic TrueCrypt Has Been Potentially Compromised

TrueCrypt Has Been Potentially Compromised

Phoronix: TrueCrypt Has Been Potentially Compromised

The TrueCrypt open-source disk encryption software has been potentially compromised and users are now told to avoid the software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X