Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Is Financing A Lot Of Great Open-Source Work This Summer

Phoronix: Google Is Financing A Lot Of Great Open-Source Work This Summer

Google just announced their list of accepted student projects for this year's Google Summer of Code. After going through all of the projects on the list for the different upstream open-source projects involved, there's a ton of improvements to be worked on by students this summer and financed by Google. This is perhaps the most exciting Google Summer of Code ever...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice broad selection of projects!

I may complain about Googles business practices but GSoC is an excellent effort on their part. I especially like the diversity of projects here. So when will the world see a PSOC? A Phoronix Summer of Code!

Comment

I doubt Phoronix makes that much...

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
        I may complain about Googles business practices but GSoC is an excellent effort on their part. I especially like the diversity of projects here. So when will the world see a PSOC? A Phoronix Summer of Code!
        It's not a bad idea. The selection of projects could start with modules for benchmarks or drivers optimizations.

Comment

Working...
        X