Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moronix trolling

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    In case you didn't notice he is not pissed with systemd. He is pissed with Kay not fixing bugs he introduced.
    Exactly. However, it didn't stop moronix to put a troll title and make a flame. It's not surprising there's so many trolls here while the father is the master of all trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy_ View Post
      Fanboys will never learn. Systemd holds no real advantage over sysvint and all its perceived advantages are either superfluous daemons that re-invent things better implemented somewhere or pure cosmetics like slightly faster boot times. Are those worth all the trouble we have to put up with and all the freedom we stand to lose? In my opinion - absolutely not. But fanboys will never learn.
      Idiots will never learn. systemd has dozens of advantages compared to this old and legacy crap. sysvinit is as good as dead and idiots don't see it's not just boot times that matter here. But idiots will never learn.

Comment

Sysvinit does what it's supposed to do: it runs daemon startup/shutdown scripts specified for the current runlevel and adopts orphaned processes. Nothing else. I don't think I need to prove that init does do its job any more than I need to prove that 2x2=4.
        That's the problem. It does NOTHING ELSE. It just doesn't suite modern systems. You said earlier systemd has no advantage over sysvinit. How the hell someone could take you seriously? Do you even know what you're saying?

Daemon startup in sysvinit means calling startup script. What could be more sane and generic than that? Systemd does the same thing in a less transparent way.
        You forget to say slow, bloated and human unreadable script. systemd does this far better.

Arguably Windows works "fine" for hundreds of millions. Should I use Windows then? It all depends on your definition of "fine" and systemd certainly doesn't meet mine. It's a bloated, illogical, pervasive and unmaintainable monstrosity that happened only because Mr. Poettering wanted to prove that one could theoretically use a microscope as a hammer. What baffles me is how everyone rushed to throw away trusty hammers and replace them with broken microscopes.
        sysvinit scripts are bloated, illogical, pervasive and unmaintanable monstrosity that happened only because there wasn't anything better in Open Source world. Thankfully systemd happened.

Comment

Init scripts are like a Rube Goldberg machine; everyone thinks it looks cool and is genius, but in reality, it's a very inefficient and dumb way to do a task.

Systemd is like electronic fuel injection; better in essentially every way from what it replaces, but traditionalist enthusiasts don't like it.

I'm just eating my popcorn and enjoying my Arch systems.
          Last edited by xeekei; 03 April 2014, 05:14 AM.

Comment

... What baffles me is how everyone rushed to throw away trusty hammers and replace them with broken microscopes.
            Well, every developer, technical committee and distro maintainer are just pure idiots with obvious no technical knowledge and just wanted change for the sake of it.

</sarcasm>

Comment

Fanboys will never learn. Systemd holds no real advantage over sysvint and all its perceived advantages are either superfluous daemons that re-invent things better implemented somewhere or pure cosmetics like slightly faster boot times. Are those worth all the trouble we have to put up with and all the freedom we stand to lose? In my opinion - absolutely not. But fanboys will never learn.
              says.... a fanboy

Comment

[...] and I personally find it annoying that it's always the same f*cking primadonna involved.
                - Linus Torvalds
                Could use that quote against Linus himself on so many pushes that Linus rejects

Comment

Did they bring down lkml.org?

Comment

Originally posted by mdias View Post
                    Well, every developer, technical committee and distro maintainer are just pure idiots with obvious no technical knowledge and just wanted change for the sake of it.

</sarcasm>
                    Just because a lot of people rubberstamped a decision doesn't mean it was the right decision. Do you have anything substantial to say in defense of systemd?

Comment

Do you have anything substantial to say in defense of systemd?
                      Says the person whose anti-systemd rant was just a string of words without any substance behind them. Hilarious.

I, or anyone else, could write something in defense of systemd. But, two things: a) it has already been said plenty of times, so we'd just waste time repeating it, and b) you'd dismiss it anyway, it's very clear you're not here to have a meaningful discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X