Shuttleworth On Google Go, Unity 8, Ubuntu Phone, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    I am assuming he means the best development environment for a Linux Distribution? Cause not a goddamn candle in code development does Linux Hold to OS X or iOS.
    Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that? I've found development on Linux rather easy going for most distributions given the pre-packaged tools and libraries that you can grab at a single command or even a few clicks.

Comment

I am assuming he means the best development environment for a Linux Distribution? Cause not a goddamn candle in code development does Linux Hold to OS X or iOS.
      That has not been my experience.

Comment

I have no idea how coding is in OS X because I never wrote code on that platform. All I know is what Mark said, that he knows tons/tens of people who use Ubuntu in VMs to code. How is coding in OS X?

Comment

Way to imply coding on iOS is in any way enjoyable. *on*, not for.

Comment

IMO,Go+ qml is a better choice than python + gtk for developing gui apps.

Comment

Working...
            X