Shuttleworth On Google Go, Unity 8, Ubuntu Phone, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackout23
    No Ubuntu simply should ship the latest version fo all their releases. Problem solved. It just dosen't make any logical sense that it should install 0.17 for one version of Ubuntu 0.19 for another and 0.20 on the latest version. It's just a fucking game give me the latest version when I install it.
    That's one of the advantages of click packages.

Comment

Michael,

I know that Mark gets a lot more clicks than other boring linux stories, but is it possible to give this imbecile a little less press while giving the Debian guys a little more? There's plenty of nerd drama to be had in their camp, it's just that you need to be creative when creating/portraying the characters since they're not rich.

We're reaching the point where Ubuntu's largest contribution to the linux community is that they're the foundation upon which Mint is built. Once Mint fully converts to Debian, we can all sit back and talk about what could-have-been had Mark not been such a shitlord.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMuchHereToSay View Post
        inb4 Mark hate
        Whenever I see a post like this I always think it's tragic. I mean they try to post counter arguments to arguments that haven't been made, and then finishes it off with an attempt at insulting everyone else. In the end he creates a bad name for Ubuntu users and a lot of people hating Mark, probably even more than before if they had before.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
          As for his comments recorded here, the one about Ubuntu being the best developer platform is pure nonsense. In many ways it is the worst platform to target when there are so many other generic Linux distros to use.
          What Michael wrote in the news is correct but without the context it got misinterpreted - as if Ubuntu is a target platform. Mark was talking about the environment itself. Here it is, word for word:
          Originally posted by Mark Shuttleworth
          We're still by far the best developer environment. I meet tons (or tens?) of people that have a MacBook with Mac OS but they develop on Ubuntu in a virtual machine. So that tells me that actually the commitment to the team to doing great work as free software for the free software community is super strong.

Comment

Originally posted by bison
            You know there are probably kids reading this forum, and their parents probably don't want to them to grow up talking like that. Give it a rest.
            Really? You're playing the kids card? Are you the worlds biggest baby or what?

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMuchHereToSay
              Like say, only one thing happens and Ubuntu is THE definition of Linux? Well thing is, as you blind haters say about this "Ubuntu isn't Linux anymore!". Make up your minds already, sheesh.
              We dont have to make up our minds. Go to ubuntu.com and look for the word Linux. You won't find it. Mark is hijacking the OS for his own goals. He's removed Linux from the equation and has redefined it as Ubuntu. You wont even find Linux mentioned in the Ubuntu overview. It's like LInux doesn't exist. It's the "Ubuntu Operating System" That's a direct quote FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by litfan View Post
                Go to ubuntu.com and look for the word Linux. You won't find it.
                Originally posted by google View Post
                site:ubuntu.com linux

About 1,380,000 results (0.27 seconds)
                Back under your bridge you go!

Comment

litfan, you are irrelevant to this discussion. Please leave.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingMuchHereToSay
                    There's Linux on the website,
                    Show me. You can't because there isnt. It every single reference to Linux on the ubuntu website was scrubbed two years ago. Nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by litfan View Post
                      No, changing the online protocol is not common, nor is it smart. Especially if its peer to peer and not controlled by a game server in between
                      It is an open source game that is yet to reach 1.0. Expecting stable net protocol from it is a bit much. Kind of like private betas of proprietary games, you just see those less often.

Comment

Working...
                      X