Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple animated desktop mockup

Hey everybody,

I?m fairly new here, but this seems like a pretty cool community. I?m 19 years old and have been using Linux since my 13th more and more regulary.
    I once had an idea how a desktop enviroment should work. I was very na?ve and not as experienced back then, but maybe it?s fun to take a look at.

The idea being that a window should be noting more than a window which the application draws on. This way you get an unibody design which fully makes use of your theme. Plus the windows can be drawn immediately when a GUI gets initialized, giving the user some sort of instant response.
    The theme I designed there doesn?t look too good, I know :P. I?m a technician, not a designer. And nowadays I would?ve made everything very minimalized, getting rid of a huge bar and only drawing icons.

But this is probably all too good to be true...
    Last edited by clementl; 25 October 2013, 04:19 PM.

Hey! Nice concept! You know, the windows are drawn exactly that way in Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
      Hey! Nice concept! You know, the windows are drawn exactly that way in Wayland.
      Really? I actually made this before I even knew what Wayland or EGL was :S. Maybe it?s just a good idea then.

Comment

what toolkit would that be?

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
          Photoshop. Yea, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
            On Wayland, the application either draws directly over OpenGL or/and uses toolkit, which applies theming and again issues OpenGL calls on the same windows texture. So theoretically - any toolkit.

Comment

Working...
            X