Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tuubi View Post
    Doesn't really say much about the quality of either, and even if it did, size of user base (potential bug reporters) for both projects should probably be taken into account to get meaningful data.
    And how exactly would we quantify that?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      And how exactly would we quantify that?
      Well that's the problem, isn't it? I'm just pointing out that bug counts can't be used as a direct measure of software quality. A project with many users will get more bug reports than a less-used project of similar complexity and quality. There are other factors like availability of help and information, ease of writing a bug report and so on but I doubt these are as relevant in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
        The trend continues at Ohloh. Hitting a new low. KDE is dying.
        ROFL. All the frameworks are not yet imported to ohloh. So you miss all the repositories where the fun is.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
          ROFL. All the frameworks are not yet imported to ohloh. So you miss all the repositories where the fun is.
          at least honton could begin to start using official numbers from kde-digest...

Comment

• KDE 4.8+ wins!!!

Guys, I use linux since 2011, I have already installed all types of distribution and in this period I had 6 different laptops, including AMD Enduro and Nvidia Optimus technologies. Among all tests, definitely I choose Ubuntu as distro and KDE as a graphical interface. I do not know the source-code of them, but with respect to the day-to-day use and configuration there are numerous details, which I will not specify here, that make me decide for this. For me, KDE 4.8 or higher is the best option for linux graphical interface today.

Comment

• Still killing? It's been 20 years of killing, and it's still not done? I was expecting an obituary, or at least a Netcraft confirmation, but KDE still seems alive, what gives?

Come on, common flu would have finished KDE off by now, what's going on?

"Killing me softly" indeed.

Comment

The number of gnome commits per month is trending down, too. I guess gnome is dying as well.

Comment

Dude, come on, no image?

Might that be because Gnome is already dead?

Comment

• No, it's because if you check here, you'll notice that under Gnome's Project Activity it says, "Not Available"

Comment

• Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                      No, it's because if you check here, you'll notice that under Gnome's Project Activity it says, "Not Available"
                      Because its dead. Duh.

Comment

Working...
                      X