Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait

oh wait, let me color that for you and cut it to the same time frame. hey - this almost looks like the GNOME data! Wow - then GNOME is also dying! Shit - open source is screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
      Yes shame on me. Anyway I know KDE's time is up so it doesn't matter if you include the 121 data.
      fixed

Comment

• KDE is stabilising just now and getting the maturity that KDE 3 once had. It is normal that there are less commits now, less SH1NY, more mainainace, more work outside of core parts. Polishing work.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnufreex View Post
          KDE is stabilising just now and getting the maturity that KDE 3 once had. It is normal that there are less commits now, less SH1NY, more mainainace, more work outside of core parts. Polishing work.
          the graphs show developer numbers not commits. but as a kde user I hope you are right, that the temporal decline is not permanent.

Comment

Yes shame on you. Anyway we all know KDE's time is up so it doesn't matter if you hide away the 121 data.
            Hopefully.

Comment

RHEL7 Beta announced with Gnome desktop.
              SteamOS announced with Gnome desktop.

Get it?
              aaah - so much proves - wow - i really get it...
              and you know what steamos and rhel7 are about and which history / basis and user group they will have??
              Did they use KDE before and killed it now?

Comment

Good for you. Im happy you finaly get it. Being picked for enterprise and gaming usage proves Gnome is doing very well.
                An finally! I am happy for you that you see the positive side! Gnome is doing very well and that is good for opensource

And your destructive point of view that "Gnome kills KDE" - is that gone now?

Comment

• CACA

Originally posted by Honton View Post

Get it?
                  Actually, RedHat is using the classic mode for enterprise. Got it?

Not exactly a win by any means, when you realize they don't want to support classic mode.

SteamOS's GUI could run without a window manager, just using QT/GTK. XBMC is it's own window manager.

Nothing new here, you can have X start up with just FireFox running.

Gnome classic locks the panels where you could once move them freely around. KDE has that god awful peannut and I've yet to find a theme I like.

When these designers open their minds instead of their mouths, realizing the end result is all about the user experiences of confort .......................

The world will be a better place.

Comment

Get it?
                    RedHat defaults to GNOME.
                    Debian defaults to GNOME.
                    Both offer KDE as standard option in their repositories.

So everything is the same as 10 years ago then? I'd say that 10 years of killing KDE business have been quite a disappointment, really.

Comment

• DO NOT FEED. DO NOT FEED. DO NOT FEED.

I swear, people should have to pass an IQ test before they're allowed to have an internet connection and a keyboard at the same time...

Comment

Working...
                      X