No announcement yet.

Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at all those 1337 huxxors who think just because they are using a linux distro know about programming and software engineering... OMG the ignorance...

Those 2 projects aren't comparable for many reasons. All those metrics mentioned are only relevant to those projects. Code structure is different, libraries are different, everything is different between KDE and Gnome, there is absolutely no comparison. This is just a lame attempt at trolling.

The only real way to judge those projects is by looking at the end result.

Based on this, both DE suck at the moment. Gnome attempts a race to remove as many features as possible as fast as possible, while KDE so-called "long term support version" (4.11), still has crippling bugs and can't stay sane for 10 minutes without X crashing(at least on my machines)...

So instead of trolling like a fool, try contributing to the project of your choice because both frankly suck and have serious problems, and need help. If you can't do that because you are just a kid with no skill, STFU and don't waste other people's time...

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
      can't stay sane for 10 minutes without X crashing(at least on my machines).
      completely off-topic: you want to track that down. It's mostly a sign of something rather broken in the setup. A client software like anything from KDE should not be able to crash the privileged X server (that's rather obvious). It's also not really common, we hardly get bug reports for X crashes (I just searched and the last reported X crash was in March caused by fglrx). And if we get, we don't "fix" them as it needs a fix in another place, we could only work-around it, which would keep the possibility of a crash possible.

Comment

To add onto what Martin is saying, Calligra development is heavily branch based with the intent of having a stable master and from what I've read of various mailing lists the same is true for most KDE projects except for Kontact. But Calligra has got it's various GSoC projects going on right now but it's also porting over to Qt5 as an example of a big purely branch based development going on right now (of course the problem with porting to Qt5 right now is that KF5 isn't released yet which led to rather significant debate over how to handle it) and is something that will likely just live in a branch for the foreseeable future.

Comment

It's so funny we have all these dumbasses waisting their time in here because there's no other place to spend it in their actual lives.

I hope _you_ are dying.

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
            completely off-topic: you want to track that down. It's mostly a sign of something rather broken in the setup.
            "Broken" is a natural state of linux, therefore one shouldnt waste his time tracking products natural state.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post
              It's so funny we have all these dumbasses waisting their time in here because there's no other place to spend it in their actual lives.
              Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Originally posted by startzz
              "Broken" is a natural state of linux, therefore one shouldnt waste his time tracking products natural state.
              Works For Me (c)

Comment

Gnome is dead, it is actually born dead!
                just look at biography of its creator and you'll figure out that gnome is Microsoft try to bug us all!!!

PS. And on my Debian(testing) KDE works all day long without any crashes!

Comment

Originally posted by edmon View Post
                  Gnome is dead, it is actually born dead!
                  just look at biography of its creator and you'll figure out that gnome is Microsoft try to bug us all!!!

PS. And on my Debian(testing) KDE works all day long without any crashes!
                  Miguel hasn't even been involved with gnome in a very long time, stop spreading FUD.

There's way too much moronic FUD on these forums from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                    Miguel hasn't even been involved with gnome in a very long time, stop spreading FUD.

There's way too much moronic FUD on these forums from both sides.
                    I don't like this situation either, but look at gnome it is a such a big proof!

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
                      completely off-topic: you want to track that down. It's mostly a sign of something rather broken in the setup. A client software like anything from KDE should not be able to crash the privileged X server (that's rather obvious). It's also not really common, we hardly get bug reports for X crashes (I just searched and the last reported X crash was in March caused by fglrx). And if we get, we don't "fix" them as it needs a fix in another place, we could only work-around it, which would keep the possibility of a crash possible.
                      It usually means that the graphics hardware is defective/overheating. I imagine that the issue would go away if all of the graphical effects were disabled.

Comment

Working...
                      X