No announcement yet.

Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE killed itself and Gnome hangs on the same rope. Both are going steeply downward in usability. Hate the standard menu structure. Luckily the light alternatives still have a proper old-school menus.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiD View Post
      KDE killed itself and Gnome hangs on the same rope. Both are going steeply downward in usability. Hate the standard menu structure. Luckily the light alternatives still have a proper old-school menus.
      Have you tried Lancelot in the KDE environment?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Have you tried Lancelot in the KDE environment?
        No, but I will.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiD View Post
          No, but I will.
          I also hate the new menu. Why don't you use the classic one? It is what I do and I am completely satisfied with it.

Right click on your desktop or on "Application Menu Launcher" and select "Unlock Widgets". Right click again on it and select "Switch to Classic Menu Style". Done! May you want, right click on it again and customize what you would like to see on it. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            All the lawyers in the world couldn't help you. You have extremely poor/selective reading comprehension, and as soon as someone tells you something you don't want to hear, you twist their words and/or take them out of context to fit your biased view. You have a better chance of understanding open-source licensing by taking a legal textbook and beating yourself over the head (if you need help with that, let me know).
            That. And it is mega funny too.

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post
              That. And it is mega funny too.
              Specially since common law books are quite heavy (they have lots of precedents to read about). Civil law books, by comparison, are not that heavy :P

Comment

Just to make a point

Linux has less marketshare than Apple... therefore Linux is dying.

It's easy to draw the wrong conclusion based on bad assumptions.

(can somebody lock this thread?)

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  stop feeding the troll, he is like bo$$ no matter what you say or do regardless if your are community dev or an actual KDE dev he won't stop his retarded completely outrageous without any rational basis conspiration theories from the parallel universe where his paranoid schizophrenia take him.

this thread in a nutshell is like trying to have a rational talk with a monkey to make him realize that throw shit is not playing baseball
                  QFT

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                  Ok, one thing... let's forget the "taking statistics out of context" thing for a while. Let's assume, hypothetically, that these graphs represent accurate statistics that accurately reflect the amount of manpower working on each desktop environment.

So... wouldn't this mean that in 2010, KDE was 2.5 times "healthier" than GNOME, and their "health" level has since dropped and only recently, in the beginning of this year 2013 dipped below Gnome's "health", and is now only 30% lower than Gnome? According to this statistic, KDE has had lots of extra "health" earlier, and has only recently dropped to the same "health level" as Gnome...

Anyway, I think this is stupid, there's no point in being against either DE, they both have a userbase, they both have their own vision, and there's plenty of room for both to coexist in peace and harmony on the Linux desktop ecosystem. Both have good and bad points, but at least they're both aiming towards Wayland support, and both contributing towards an open, collaborative future of a next-generation graphics system on Linux.
                  Agreed. If only there were more sensible posts like this on this forum. I've never seen a forum filled with such a high percentage of trolls and morons :/

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
                    Linux has less marketshare than Apple... therefore Linux is dying.
                    And Apple is killing Linux, because they put a beautiful and usable gui on unix.

BTW, did anyone notice that you can turn Phoronix not only into Moronix easily, but also Pooronix?

Comment

You mean KrapDE isn't dead yet? Gnome will probably be better before long by default.

Comment

Working...
                      X