Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    throw ad hominem insults might push it a bit too far.
    I merely described the situation. All you do is coming here and telling people how good Gnome is and how bad KDE is, with slandering and lying about the latter. You don't contribute anything. This just is pathetic, regardless if you see that as an insult or not. Grow up, contribute to Gnome in a meaningful way if you want, but stop the pathetic trolling and slandering.

Comment

Originally posted by frikisama View Post
      I think these forums need more moderators...
      Keep in mind that it took three years just to get Qaridrium banned... Also keep in mind that trolls are like geese - they shit everywhere and never leave.

As for the initial graph, the GNOME line is fairly steady and does not show a rise corresponding to the drop in the KDE line. So even if one was dumb enough to believe that the graph is a good indicator of user numbers, s/he would have to be even dumber to conclude that "gnome kills kde."

Comment

Just to get an idea where KDE-developers might have gone:

It's comparing contributors to Qt5 vs GTK+. Guess which one is Qt5

Comment

Yes that is very plausible. Either donating non-free code to Qt5 or hacking up Qt apps for Blackberries and Windows phones. That is the only things left to do when you realize KDE is game over.
          Qt is free and can't go nonfree.

Comment

Yes I would be a proven liar the minute you provide evidence. And it should be very easy for you. Point out a large amount of contributors who have been working exclusively on feature branches but not master branches. I hope you can do that or else you are the liar.
            The lie was when you falsely claimed that those were the two explanations that had been presented. They weren't and you knew it. Trying to move the goalposts now won't change the fact that you lied.

Comment

So far you are the only one asserting this
              Did you forget what you titled the thread? Your graph doesn't show "gnome kills kde" at all. Maybe if you just showed KDE contributor numbers dropping and said "KDE is dying" you would have a more tenable position, but attributing the decline to gnome and calling Qt "non-free" just shows you're a fanboy (at best).

Comment

honton, you still did not get the point with KF5: Many core features get ported to Qt5 directly. That is why many kde devs went over to Qt. It has nothing to do with kde dying.

BTW.: It is up to you to prove that your chart is reasonable enough to prove that your your point is valid. You did not do that. I am not talking about insulting others, but presenting good old facts. Something you now want to be done by others to prove some other position.
                And IMHO as long as there are frequent releases with many bugfixes, a planetkde.org full of news about new features and improvements, as long as there are trolls like you that think it is worth - or even needed - to announce other projects death, I am sure that project is REALLY healthy.
                Fullstop.

Comment

You failed to provide a list of feature-branch only hackers. It should be very easy for you since you claim there should be many. Names please.
                  Doesn't change the fact that you lied. I am not going to bother answering this objection until I see a little honesty from you.

Comment

We might have a break through here. Do you accept KDE's decline as a fact, or do you believe half the contributors are hiding like ghosts in feature branches?
                    The numbers on ohloh.net do not matter. As I already explained to you in another thread. Yes the graph you showed, illustrates it, but it just doesn't matter. I think it would be awesome if you could accept as a fact that ohloh.net is not suited to track the development of a community like KDE.

The KDE community tracks the development through the commit-digest. But I don't trust those stats either, because I have seen commits attributed to me, which I pushed (but haven't done the patch) and commits appearing in the wrong week (push vs. commit date).

Comment

oh and obviously that's the same as with the benchmarks we see so often here. If the data set is wrong, you can only do wrong conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                      X