Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Every code change is a potential regression.
    Using this logic 0 contributors would be ideal as that would mean no code changes and no regressions!

Comment

Originally posted by cardboard View Post
      uhhh no real men don't have X installed, didn't you get the memo? we're all using GNU Screen in VTs now
      GNU Screen?
      Tmux is the way to go, and it's permissively licensed, for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
        GUIs are for sissies. Real men use CLI and nothing else! Seriously though, I've been there done that with Unity and it sucks. I've been trying KDE and it's good, but GNOME Classic is the one that just hits the right marks for me.
        Real men use self made wires, with hair and body fluids, plugged directly on the pins of the chips
        The Bear Grylls way of computing

Comment

Is the KDE 5 codebase accounted for?

Is the KDE 5 codebase accounted for?

I know that development starts to slow down on the "legacy" version of KDE and pick up on the upcoming version as a new major version gets closer to release.

Keeping that in mind it seems like it isn't counting the KDE 5 codebase.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
            Perhaps the opposing trolls will cancel out and let everyone else have a non-polarised conversation? Yay!
            Why? I'm telling the truth. Gnome is wiped out by KDE and Unity. It's also unusable mess and many of Gnome 2 users will agree.

Comment

So you are the new anti-trolling deputy? Im looking forward to you making a crack down on anti-gnome trolling. Oh and you have to understand KDE and Gnome are measured on equal terms. Lots of high-activity git trees are not included for Gnome. And your comparison of git commits? I couldn't care less when we are looking at contributors. You are hitting strawmen right now.
              This kind of reasoning would be laughed out of any serious statistics department. Your statement is a red flag that these numbers are meaningless and is well into crackpot territory.

Comment

So you are the new anti-trolling deputy? Im looking forward to you making a crack down on anti-gnome trolling. Oh and you have to understand KDE and Gnome are measured on equal terms. Lots of high-activity git trees are not included for Gnome. And your comparison of git commits? I couldn't care less when we are looking at contributors. You are hitting strawmen right now.
                It's enough to compare change logs of both projects. On gnome side it's usually something like this: remove 15 features and move the right mouse button menu to the middle one. Tell people we're active, because we've made sixteen valuable changes.

Comment

Guys, don't feed the troll, please. There is no need to try to reason, you can see his intentions just by looking at the thread title.

I think these forums need more moderators...

Comment

Actually, there is a proof in this thread: The proof that some people (read: funkStar aka Honton) have such a pathetic real life that they have to go to an online forum, identify themselves with a desktop environment (really, a desktop environment) and since they are not able to contribute anything to that project they have to heighten their self esteem with spreading slander about other projects.

Really, just pathetic. Honton, turn of your computer, get outside, maybe you get some friends and your life will be better. It can't get much worse.

Comment

Two competing explanations have be proposed to explain the sudden loss of contributors at KDE.

1) People walked away.
                      2) Most commits happens to feature branches where merges make more than half the contributor names disappear. Not by merge, but per month, that is a whole lot ghost hacking if you ask me.

You can always opt for the less likely explanation, but doing this AND throw ad hominem insults might push it a bit too far.
                      Or, perhaps, feature branches aren't being merged right now. Scratch that, you know many feature branches are not being merged right now, you are just lying as always.
                      Last edited by TheBlackCat; 17 September 2013, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X