Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
    Finaly a Honton who answers the questions that he is asked?
    Breakthrough?

Let?s try.

New Honton,
    would you be so kind to clear up all our un-answered questions of the last months:

- 2 distros where KDE (might) lose QA = I found no source for openSUSE changing KDE QA and the "might" for Fedora.next is still a "might" = argument weak for your thesis - please provide source
    - why do you want to kill KDE / Qt / Ubuntu (CLA stuff) instead of Windows / MacOS?
    - why so destructive?
    - Old Honton: "The 121 was not an outlier. It is a new extreme value. Perfectly suporting the trend; KDE is dying." or "What we are looking at is trending." - so what again is important - outliers or the trend? (knowing that outliers have to be "killed" before even calculating a trend and knowing that oloh / kde-digest numbers are only comparable / reliable for a short time (~1year) due to count changes like switching from csv to git etc)
    - What feature exactly was killed in KDE that you are actually missing and where you / "the users" were not consulted before? When did you use KDE the last time?
    - Why do you accuse people of twisting your words and in the next step are doing it yourself, like "Thank you for confirming that KDE is dying.", when the author stated the exact opposite...

cheers and happy sunday
    - 2 distros where KDE (might) lose QA = I found no source for openSUSE changing KDE QA and the "might" for Fedora.next is still a "might" = argument weak for your thesis - please provide source

I never used OpenSUSE and, AFAIK, KDE is still shipped AND considered as a viable DE for Fedora.

- why do you want to kill KDE / Qt / Ubuntu (CLA stuff) instead of Windows / MacOS?

I don't want to kill KDE, it is still going strong. I don't want to kill Qt, it is still going strong, it is still being open source and it will be like this until the end of the times (where do you guys take these ideas from???). I don't want to kill Ubuntu, it's killing itself. And finally, I'm a Windows user.

- why so destructive?

Hum?

- What feature exactly was killed in KDE that you are actually missing and where you / "the users" were not consulted before? When did you use KDE the last time?

I used KDE on Kubuntu (12). It was awesome, but I really missed some tools from Gnome. But Cinnamon kicked in and, well, I never looked back.

- Why do you accuse people of twisting your words and in the next step are doing it yourself, like "Thank you for confirming that KDE is dying.", when the author stated the exact opposite...

Windows is dying, do you see it vanishing in the next ten years? Just a troll would assume that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hοnton View Post

I never used OpenSUSE and, AFAIK, KDE is still shipped AND considered as a viable DE for Fedora.

I don't want to kill KDE, it is still going strong. I don't want to kill Qt, it is still going strong, it is still being open source and it will be like this until the end of the times (where do you guys take these ideas from???). I don't want to kill Ubuntu, it's killing itself. And finally, I'm a Windows user.

- why so destructive?

Hum?

I used KDE on Kubuntu (12). It was awesome, but I really missed some tools from Gnome. But Cinnamon kicked in and, well, I never looked back.

Windows is dying, do you see it vanishing in the next ten years? Just a troll would assume that.

Dear new Honton.
      I love you

Comment

• Why do you moron care?

Comment

• Could we define KDE's Death? What exactly would have to happen to declare KDE dead? I don't intend to stop using it anytime soon... and I'm capable of maintaining parts of it if that was truly necessary. By that alone, in my opinion, KDE cannot die since I won't allow it.

Graphs and trends such as above have way to many variables to predict any outcome. If graphs were the only method of telling how something will end up, Valve probably wouldn't like Linux as much (despite probably having at least a few hundred thousand users).

Comment

• Is that the troll board?

Ok so who care about Gnome anyway? That pile was always being design for all of those sickos who are foot fetishes XP

Comment

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
              So I guess this is a tough task because KDE kills off so many features without consulting the users.
              Sure, gnome 3 can't kill features. Because they already killed nearly all features they can. You can't fall below the floor - its really hard to remove features if you don't have any .

Comment

• Please let the thread die.

Comment

• Fucking Hontons.

Originally posted by Honton (senior) View Post
                  I guess this is a tough task because KDE kills off so many features without consulting the users.
                  The ironic statement to depict the stupidity of this entire thread.

Ever used GNOME3? Even once?
                  Last edited by ArchLinux; 18 March 2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X