why should he not dismiss those sources, when you yet have to show us, how they make "Gnome kill KDE" or "KDE dying"?
Let?s sum up your facts:
- 2 Enterprise distros STAY with Gnome = no change, but to die is a severe change = argument invalid for your thesis
- 1 distro (debian) does not switch to KDE = no change = argument invalid for your thesis
- 1 distro with kde died = and no distro with Gnome ever died? = argument invalid for your thesis
- 1 distro switched to Gnome = there are also distros switching from Gnome (ubuntu, maybe debian 8); or distros that chose KDE over Gnome (like manjaro, only Gnome-community edition) = argument weak for your thesis
- 2 distros where KDE (might) lose QA = I found no source for openSUSE changing KDE QA and the "might" for Fedora.next is still a "might" = argument weak for your thesis
- Qt has CLA = offtopic
- Oloh developer numbers = kde digest (more accurate) shows: KDE developer numbers dropped from 250 (2008) to 200 (2011) to 160 (2013) = this is your only valid argument, but it is still only a very slow death and the standard deviation with 35 is quite high. Come back again when developer count dropped below 100.
Honton, this is my last reply to you until you bring NEW facts. roll_eyes