Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
    You mean like all the former KDE developers who left KDE? Anyway if you don't have anything to add but ad hominem attacks there might be a better place for you. Fact is that KDE is running out of options and those who want to sell enterprise level linux decided for Gnome over KDE. That is what you need to discuss. How do you feel about SUSE going Gnome only for the coming SLE 12 products?
    OK. Gnome kills KDE, if that's what you wanted.
    Now just shut up because this thread not helping neither gnome or KDE
    We should be supporting all free software projects

Comment

• Originally posted by lolnope View Post
      We should be supporting all free software projects
      Did you not create a thread yesterday bashing systemd and the FOSS developer Lennart Poettering?

Comment

Thank you for being honest. That can be scary sometimes. KDE's time is up, and there is no need to go into trenches in total denial. Your feelings or my feelings are of no interest. What matters is the post-KDE world. Where to go?
        The KDE free software community is still very active. Using inaccurate ohloh commit stats (you shouldn't be using commit stats at all) and what distributions use/don't use KDE as the default DE to determine whether GNOME "kills" KDE is just insane.
        Go get yer head checked, yo.

You did manage to troll for almost 300 replies now, so I guess I should congratulate you on that. Congratulations.
        Last edited by Ouroboros; 06 March 2014, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Did you not create a thread yesterday bashing systemd and the FOSS developer Lennart Poettering?
          I got a bit mad when he mentioned writing a c library and an email programming for systemd
          Turns out it was an April fool's joke

Comment

I really enjoyed how you managed to dismiss several sources and the come up with an opposite conclusion. What was your point again? Oh and please stop talking about the commit straw man. The rest of us talk about contributors.
            Another day, another KDE release, close to 18 years now. 17 years of GNOME trying to kill it have apparently been very successful.

It's time to fuel up the FUD machine, because it's not working well. You keep telling us it's dead, yet they keep on releasing stuff -- just the other day Krita released a new version.

You are the least reliable source of information on the Internet. Every day you tell us it's dead, and every day you're wrong.

Comment

• true that

Comment

You make your own conclusions by twisting my words.
                Your words are "GNOME kills KDE".

Not "GNOME is killing KDE".

And I see neither, really. KDE is happily releasing updates to the stable branch, and alphas for the new, next-generation desktop. Important KDE apps like Krita are coming out regularly.

KDE is more alive than ever.

I never said Gnome have been killing KDE for 17 years.
                You don't have to, that is why the ex-Microsoft employee Miguel de Icaza started the GNOME project in the first place. That much is common knowledge.

Comment

• Oh let's just agree that Honton is right and KDE is dying. After all also Honton is dying. Everybody is dying starting from the very first day. For some it takes longer, for some it takes shorter. But quite certainly KDE will die at some day and thus Honton is right that KDE is dying.

Comment

Instead of wasting time discussing semantics you should remove some more features from KDE.
                    Oh, so this is a "removing features is bad" week again?

Like when you ran a holy war against people who wanted the classic GNOME session. And then when it got re-added due to popular demand, you jumped ship again...

It's hard to keep up, sometimes you want more features, sometimes fewer. It would be easier if you made up your mind and advocated a consistent position instead of making things up as you go along.

Comment

Instead of wasting time discussing semantics you should remove some more features from KDE.
                      fun fact, I just did that :-P https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/116636/

Comment

Working...
                      X