No announcement yet.

Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a sudden reversal of fates, Gnome has just died! Is that KDE's revenge for having been being killed for the last months?

Proof by Ohloh image, so you know it's true, even if you deny it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
      In a sudden reversal of fates, Gnome has just died! Is that KDE's revenge for having been being killed for the last months?

Proof by Ohloh image, so you know it's true, even if you deny it.
      looooooooooooooool

Comment

• KDE is Krap! Aka POS. KDE is bloated garbage and I think it'll go downhill even more. It's the only DE that can't detect smartphones properly. Tested with Krapbuntu and another KDE-centric distro, siduction. I wonder if OpenSUSE would detect it. Probably not. I do hope Gnome kills it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panix View Post
          KDE is Krap! Aka POS. KDE is bloated garbage and I think it'll go downhill even more. It's the only DE that can't detect smartphones properly. Tested with Krapbuntu and another KDE-centric distro, siduction. I wonder if OpenSUSE would detect it. Probably not. I do hope Gnome kills it off.
          yeah opensuse works just fine.
          kubunut is known to be crap and siduction is beta-quality as you should know, if you install such a unstable crap.

Comment

• If only Gnome could kill this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
              yeah opensuse works just fine.
              kubunut is known to be crap and siduction is beta-quality as you should know, if you install such a unstable crap.
              I'll try it (OpenSUSE and Fedora) with KDE and see what happens. Also, I am going to try siduction with gnome to compare.

Mint (LMDE) and its Ubuntu-base version both work fine with Cinnamon and MATE. Ubuntu w/ Gnome also works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panix View Post
                KDE is Krap! Aka POS. KDE is bloated garbage and I think it'll go downhill even more. It's the only DE that can't detect smartphones properly. Tested with Krapbuntu and another KDE-centric distro, siduction. I wonder if OpenSUSE would detect it. Probably not. I do hope Gnome kills it off.
                Let me guess, you have a Samsung smartphone. Samsung's MTP stack is broken, this is a well-known problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                  Let me guess, you have a Samsung smartphone. Samsung's MTP stack is broken, this is a well-known problem.
                  No, ehhhhhhhhh, wrong. But, even if I did, so what? Did you not read that my experience is it working in Ubuntu Gnome and Mint w/ Cinnnamon? Although, I have had some issues with image viewers in Mint. The fact remains, there are some configurations that prevent it from working - so if the 'MTP stack is broken', it is not working with various configurations.

I tried OpenSUSE w/ KDE and it is as slow as molasses. An initial bootup, the resolution was wrong and the graphics was all distorted. Booting up again, I disabled KMS. But, the resolution (detected) was incorrect. The phone worked. But, when I tried to select the right resolution of my monitor, my experience this time was similar to using Kubuntu. What was worse, though, the latest bootup, there was no ethernet connection.

I have an Android phone but it's pretty bad that you have to run through hoops to access your phone.

Comment

• So, it doesn't work then? The last post in Oct '13 and no one replies afterwards to say anything different? So, like I said, KDE sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                      kubunut is known to be crap
                      "Known" by whom? Have you tried it lately? Works very well here.

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
                      and siduction is beta-quality
                      Debian Sid is actually pretty stable.

Comment

Working...
                      X