Gnome kills KDE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Matthias started KDE based on non-free Qt. True or false?
    If Matthias would have committed a crime which would be punished with more than five years and up to ten years imprisonment at the time he started KDE, he would not have to face persecution today, because it's too long ago (reference: http://dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/78.html). I just want to point that out to illustrate how ridiculous it is to come up with such an argument today.
    Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Matthias worked at Nokia in a directing position when Qt and Linux was tossed away. True or false?
    I don't have any information about whether Matthias had any saying in the strategy shift of Nokia and whether he was informed at all. I at least heard stories that people in way higher position than Matthias didn't know about the shift till it happened.
    Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Matthias is still working at Nokia, and it is not clear to the public if he will continue at Nokia or MS. True or false?
    I don't see how you can hold against him, that he hasn't shared his personal plans in public yet. And as I have already written: it's not your business.

Comment

• All I see here is a troll fighting for ideological purity. We don't know about the future plans of Honton, and it's clear to us that if he works in ANY company not advocating Free Software, then he is inconsistent, and should be barred of discussing further any matter referring to FOSS (at least, following a strict black-or-white logic like the one Honton displayed). This is so interesting, in fact, that may serve me as a basis for a thesis.

Meanwhile, I'm testing a new piece of software, Milou. You can get it here, in a command line.

Code:
      git clone git://anongit.kde.org/milou.git
      Milou is a Spotlight clone. I'm impressed about how little effort you need in KDE to write a functional Spotlight clone, doing a lot of what we know and love about Spotlight, while being written in DAYS. This is the true power of KDE; the only thing missing are frontends.

BTW, since Milou is in a quickgit.kde.org tree, and it's not merged, it won't appear in Ohloh's stats.
      Last edited by Alejandro Nova; 09-29-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

The same to you good Sir. Lets deal with the facts.
        The Facts are Gnome may have Killed KDE or the other way around But the Real Fact is STEAM OS SLAYED UBUNTU and Microsoft your Next Bitch!

Gabe Newell The Dragon Slayer!!!!!

Comment

Qt CLA vs Canonical CLA. One day you will wake up at realize freedom comes with a cost. You can't cherry pick the companies you like and accept CLA from them while saying no to others. It is either full CLA acceptance or no CLA.
          GNOME was started as a part of the GNU project.

The GNU project uses CLA.

Goodbye and good luck with a non-GNU operating system. You will be sorely missed, but since you can't cherry pick the companies you like and accept CLA from them while saying no to others, it's something you have to do. Bye!

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            The Facts are Gnome may have Killed KDE or the other way around But the Real Fact is STEAM OS SLAYED UBUNTU and Microsoft your Next Bitch!

I want your stuff dude

Comment

• Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better/worse, LinuxGamer comes in spewing his Canonical hate. If someone can smoothly segue this thread into a Mono/.NET argument, that would be like sprinkles on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post

Ubuntu being a well known operating system for video game consoles.. Oh wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  GNOME was started as a part of the GNU project.

The GNU project uses CLA.

Goodbye and good luck with a non-GNU operating system. You will be sorely missed, but since you can't cherry pick the companies you like and accept CLA from them while saying no to others, it's something you have to do. Bye!
                  Good point, but most likely will be netlected by the Honton. You can read through the previous pages and count how many reasonable responses were skiped by him.

Honton CHERRYPICKS responses to answer, and when answering a response he CHERRYPICKS suitable points to challenge. It's becoming less and less interestring feeding this troll, being fooled by him further will only give him extra pleasure. So everyone, please stop. Moderator, please lock this thread, a lot of good Linux guys are wasting their lives here.

@mgraesslin, if you really want to defeat him, try another approach. You have been jumping in his trap again and again, I'm now worried that the quality of KWin would be affected

Comment

So you are telling me open source the KDE way takes a lawyer degree?
                    I think I need a degree in psychology to understand why do you do all this. Does it really matter if GNOME kills KDE or vice versa? As long as there's one last developer in there, it isn't dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by edmon View Post
                      Gnome is dead, it is actually born dead!
                      just look at biography of its creator and you'll figure out that gnome is Microsoft try to bug us all!!!

PS. And on my Debian(testing) KDE works all day long without any crashes!
                      Haha. I use the same, pretty much, and it crashes VERY OFTEN. Next time I re-install, I'll use XFCE or Cinnamon or something else - anything other than KDE.

Comment

Working...
                      X