Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Distribution Should Be Benchmarked The Most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Linux Distribution Should Be Benchmarked The Most?

Phoronix: What Linux Distribution Should Be Benchmarked The Most?

Several Phoronix readers have brought up an important topic recently on Twitter and within our forums: what Linux distribution should really be be benchmarked the most? Ubuntu has traditionally been the most tested Linux platform here, but times may be changing...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyMTA

• imoreph
    replied
    debian, rpm, pacman

I think it will be good if it represent the most used distro based on their binary package
    1. Ubuntu represent debian
    2. Fedora represent rpm
    3. Arch represent
    And it will be the best have featured article including linux mint, elementary, opensuse, and deepin.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    Someone has to dream high.
    Honestly, I wish you kids would do less drugs.

Leave a comment:

• dilepoutee
    replied
    Mint is great

Leave a comment:

• dh04000
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    I think your expectations for this forum are a little high.
    Someone has to dream high.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Statistically speaking, Fedora is tied with Ubuntu for first place and Arch came in a very strong second place. But don't be mislead into thinking that these results mean anything. There is pretty close to zero chance that Micheal will benchmark Arch.

Leave a comment:

• Deb6orah
    replied
    It's fairly easy to install and doesn't deviate much from "the conventional desktop Linux" stack as you say.

Leave a comment:

• jijitus
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    I astronomically was

Anyway I was thinking about a poll on which every user could select more than one distro. It's not unusual someone votes for two or three distros for different workloads (home, work, family, etc).
    Last edited by jijitus; 07-29-2013, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    The only way to make this an "unbiased" poll, would be for Michael to write a laundry list of features he needs and goals he's trying to achieve when benchmarking. That way, the suggestions would be hopefully only distros that meet these minimum features and goals.
    I think your expectations for this forum are a little high.

Leave a comment:

• dh04000
    replied
    The only way to make this an "unbiased" poll, would be for Michael to write a laundry list of features he needs and goals he's trying to achieve when benchmarking. That way, the suggestions would be hopefully only distros that meet these minimum features and goals.

Examples: Have GUI, Have compositing and non-compositing GUI's available, Most have reasonable user base (that way what he tests a actually mean something to readers, ect)

That would be the intelligent way of doing a poll vs what we have here which is fanboyish post supporting thier own distro of chioce, not thinking of the goals of the benchmarking Michael is trying to achieve.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X