I got robbed at gunpoint today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got robbed at gunpoint today....

And the dumbass only got 15 bucks and I got a real good picture of him on the security camera. Dealing with the police was just about as big a pain in the ass as dealing with the robber though. They made me feel as if I had been the one that had done something wrong. I felt like I was being interrogated. I seriously doubt this guy will ever have to answer for pointing a gun at me.

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    And the dumbass only got 15 bucks and I got a real good picture of him on the security camera. Dealing with the police was just about as big a pain in the ass as dealing with the robber though. They made me feel as if I had been the one that had done something wrong. I felt like I was being interrogated. I seriously doubt this guy will ever have to answer for pointing a gun at me.
    It's their job to question the victim too so that they can get a proper picture of what actually happened. They are not PR trained, you know.

Your first time making a police report?

Comment

Let me guess, you live in the US? :-P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Let me guess, you live in the US? :-P
        Can you think of any other country that legalizes civilian gun ownership?

Comment

Originally posted by inteIIivision
          Do you really think that banning gun ownership is going to stop this sort of thing?

Look at Australia, their so proud of their so proud of their retarded draconian gun laws. But once a month in Sydney, New South Wales, there are always one or two drive by shoots once a month showing that their gun banning laws are useless.

Also, there are many other countries that ban guns and still have much higher rates of homicide involving guns.
          Can we have a gun count of deaths in Aus vs US?

Comment

Guns don't kill people*. Bullets kill people. So let guns stay legal and only ban the ammunition. Problem solved.

* Unless you throw them pretty hard.

Comment

I seriously doubt that this gun was legally purchased. I'm convinced it was black market. Of course I didnt ask the guy where he got his gun, but from the looks of him I doubt very much that he got it through legal means.

Guns are commodities too. Just like any other black market commodity, if you want to kill the black market you need to deregulate extensively. If this guys only means of getting a gun was through the legal market, then I doubt very much that he would have had a gun to rob me with.

Starting today I'm beginning the process of getting a handgun of my own. I'll also need a license to carry a concealed weapon. And I'll need legal permission from my employer to have it at work with me. There are training courses I'll be taking and certificates I'll be getting. If I do this I'll do it the right way. I want to make sure that I am as safe and responsible with my own gun as can possibly be.
              Last edited by duby229; 15 June 2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I
                Starting today I'm beginning the process of getting a handgun of my own. I'll also need a license to carry a concealed weapon. And I'll need legal permission from my employer to have it at work with me. There are training courses I'll be taking and certificates I'll be getting. If I do this I'll do it the right way. I want to make sure that I am as safe and responsible with my own gun as can possibly be.
                Having dealt with firearms for a good portion of my life in the military words can't describe how good it feels to not to have to touch one anymore...

although i applaud your decision to be all lawful about obtaining and possessing one.

Comment

I congratulate and happy that you managed to outcome breathing, mate!

The rest is pretty much irrelevant; the robber does not do this for fun, so its just a matter of time for him to be shot or put in jail. Killing him might have solved that, though then you will become no less enemy for police as todays guy, so its hardly better than what happened today.. Many criminals actually kill victims to prevent them reporting to police or slowing their discovery.

You know, in Russia one highly respected amoung locals ex-specops guy by accident killed an armed childraper. He heard cries and saw the asshole raping his 10 year old niece, girl later said that asshole told her he will kill her afterwards. The specops guy got 2 year sentence for saving his own niece.., even though the whole village where he lived was protesting against jailing the hero.

And on contrast to bubbling here, arms can be purchased legally fairly easy everywhere in the world and the goal is to arm the lawful civilists,.. criminals will always be armed, regardless;.. they will just have it much much harder against an armed victims. Though, when lawfulness and mindset of generic civilian population sinks below or equal to local criminals, that will just make everything harder instead.

So, I am proud to have you back; consider a weapon training though.
                  Last edited by brosis; 15 June 2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Starting today I'm beginning the process of getting a handgun of my own.
                    Wise decision. When someone points a gun at you, he's so much less likely to shoot you if you point one right back at him.

Smart move.

Comment

Working...
                    X