I got robbed at gunpoint today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inteIIivision
    In US, most robbers hold you at gun point and demand your stuff.

In Aus, most robbers just shoot you first then take your stuff.

The difference is because robbers in the US know that if they fire their weapon and kill you, they'll bound to be shot by someone else. But in Australia, there's no one else arm with guns, so their literally the boss and shooting the person then take his stuff is much faster that holding him up and demanding him.
    In Bulgaria if you kill your own dog, you can stay in the jail for 5 years. If a group of thieves enter at your home at midnight, they will sue if you, if you attack them.
    But on the bright side, you can be killed like a dog by group of gypsies, and they won't stay in the jail, even for a minute!

Comment

Originally posted by zeealpal View Post
      Firstly, since you seem to have just made this account for this thread(be you someone else on this forum or not) and appear to have some hate for Australia (of which no-one in this thread from Australia said anything about the US or you) I would like to say Fuck You, on behalf of my country, for your lovely opinions on us.

A comparison: Per 100,000 population, in the US (2010), 10 (10.26) people were killed by firearms, compared to 1(1.06) in Australia. That's approx 10x the difference. I'm sure that's a statistical anomaly.

Now I'm not arguing that you shouldn't, or can't have Guns in the US, but I will take offence at your attack on Australia, since for us, this has worked out quite well.

As one American Gun Lobby spokesman/head (stupidly) said, if guns aren't the problem, then people are. So perhaps have a go at your own (assuming American) people then, rather than mine. After all, they are the ones that seem to shoot 10x more people than we do.

A nice comparison chart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate

US Gun Info: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states
      AU Gun Info: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/australia

To the rest of the people's here conversation, no offense was intended at you, my apologies if any was taken :/
      Certainly nothing wrong with defending your countries honor. I do all the time.

Comment

I don't think the problem in the US is legal gun ownership. Of course sometimes people do die by legal guns. But I'd be willing to argue that a far larger percentage of Americans die by black market illegal guns.

I'm not certain what the facts are, but now I'm more interested then ever to learn them.

Comment

Firstly, since you seem to have just made this account for this thread(be you someone else on this forum or not) and appear to have some hate for Australia (of which no-one in this thread from Australia said anything about the US or you) I would like to say Fuck You, on behalf of my country, for your lovely opinions on us.
          Yeah, I'm responsible for all of that.
          I hurt that i386reapers/openSLOWARIS/LINUXANALSBSD guy's ego and now he feels that the appropriate response is to try and imitate me and drag my name through the mud.

I kind of feel honoured that someone cares so much about me though.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            And the dumbass only got 15 bucks and I got a real good picture of him on the security camera. Dealing with the police was just about as big a pain in the ass as dealing with the robber though. They made me feel as if I had been the one that had done something wrong. I felt like I was being interrogated. I seriously doubt this guy will ever have to answer for pointing a gun at me.
            Does this happen a lot where you live or is it something extraordinary to get robbed?

Comment

Glad you're okay duby, hope the guy gets caught.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                Well I did see it was Australia you were talking about, but I felt it was better to go with the European Union rather than the British Commonwealth for the sake of argument, because it's a better analogue for what the US is.
                Ahh yep, sorry I get what you meant.

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                I hurt that i386reapers/openSLOWARIS/LINUXANALSBSD guy's ego and now he feels that the appropriate response is to try and imitate me and drag my name through the mud.

What does any of that have to do with me? I have no hate nor love for BSD/Solaris, I don't care about them either way.

As for why you seem do dislike/hate Australia, I don't know, I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post

There are 6 people in this forum whom i hold in very high regard and you're one of them.

You'll realize that I never even bothered to respond to the clone. And apparently he's also taken to impersonating another one of the 6 in my list.

Comment

Ahh yep, sorry I get what you meant.

What does any of that have to do with me? I have no hate nor love for BSD/Solaris, I don't care about them either way.

As for why you seem do dislike/hate Australia, I don't know, I'm sorry that you feel that way.

There is a guy in this thread inteIIivision that has been imitating intellivision, Please direct your response to the guy that actually made those posts. I reported the imitator.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                      Can you think of any other country that legalizes civilian gun ownership?
                      You really should have done a quick check of Wikipedia before asking such a silly question.

Comment

Working...
                      X