X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directhex
    replied
    Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
    I have used a lot of C# programs on windows as well, but they also suck a lot. Main point was nobody wants to use this crap on Linux.
    The existence of C# apps on Linux, including but not limited to a significant portion of games available on Linux, kinda disproves you a bit here.

Leave a comment:

• directhex
    replied
    No, you didn't. It's a Rhythmbox clone and it uses much more memory.
    So let's hear your even more fevered tirade against Python (Exaile used 33% more RAM than Banshee in testing, Listen used almost 100% more).

Let's hear your frantic ranting against C++ and Javascript (Songbird)

Or maybe you'll do neither, because your argument is not based on reality (i.e. Banshee was the second lightest player tested), but on religion (ARGH MONO BAD ARGH)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by directhex View Post
    So you would advocate adding "except for anyone with tangential relationship to Microsoft - fuck those guys" to Stallman's "four freedoms" definition, and adjust all FSF licenses accordingly?

Free except for classes of citizens we don't like?
    I have explained this to you in another thread, so stop trolling.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
    You are totally ignorant and you do not know what you are talking about.

You cannot judge a programming language and/or framework/virtual machine based on the apps that have been made with it. The apps' quality is based entirely on their programmers. And also, the fact that there are only a few mono apps means nothing at all about its quality. Mono in general is unattractive for Linux development because of patent fears/bad reputation and most pick alternatives like Python. This doesn't mean that Mono doesn't have its merits.

The best thing Mono brings to the table is the ability for experienced C# programmers on Windows to contribute to Linux. This is a nice thing. If you don't like it, then purge every trace of Mono from your system and never use it. No one is forcing you to use it. Stop spreading FUD though...
    I have used a lot of C# programs on windows as well, but they also suck a lot. Main point was nobody wants to use this crap on Linux.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I disproved the "Banshee is bloated" nonsense in 2009. Have a read here.

The problem is that it doesn't matter if your app is responsive and lightweight - a parade of morons will still shout from the rooftops about how bloated and slow it is, because they are bound by religion to say so, not by any commitment to facts or reality.
    No, you didn't. It's a Rhythmbox clone and it uses much more memory. I tried it and only moron will say it's responsive and lightweight. It's slow, bloated and unresponsive buggy nightmare. It's also the least error prone than any other player I've used in my life. That's the reality and some mono mongols wont' change it.

Maybe most of them have better things to do than spend all day arguing with the stupidest people in the "Linux community"
    No, they don't have anything better to do. They didn't fix these few bloated and crappy mono apps since years and mono isn't on pair with .net, so they just troll on the Linux forums. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• directhex
    replied
    Originally posted by peppercats View Post
    I don't respond to strawman arguments, sorry.
    So what was "Not sure why he wasn't just kicked off in the first place." meant to mean, if my interpretation of your intentions was wrong?

Leave a comment:

• peppercats
    replied
    So you would advocate adding "except for anyone with tangential relationship to Microsoft - fuck those guys" to Stallman's "four freedoms" definition, and adjust all FSF licenses accordingly?

I don't respond to strawman arguments, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• directhex
    replied
    Originally posted by peppercats View Post
    Someone who cares about OSS should be, a Microsoft MVP shouldn't be part of a major OSS team.

Leave a comment:

• peppercats
    replied
    Are you in charge of the committee that determines who is permitted to use Open Source, and who is banned?
    Someone who cares about OSS should be, a Microsoft MVP shouldn't be part of a major OSS team.

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    Oh, and I don't have to be a developer to judge mono crap. It's enough to try mono applications. You hear sound in banshee till it crashes, because it's huge, bloated and unstable mess. The same about other mono shit that's available on Linux. There are dozens of Qt/C++, C, Python applications available on Linux while there are only few mono applications. What's worse, those few applications are utter crap. What proofs do you want to confirm there are just a few mono apps on Linux? Everything's ok with you? You'll also hear sound in any other application, so does it mean everything is awesome? What a dumb. Like I pointed in another thread mono is anti-Linux and it's m$ crap.
    You are totally ignorant and you do not know what you are talking about.

You cannot judge a programming language and/or framework/virtual machine based on the apps that have been made with it. The apps' quality is based entirely on their programmers. And also, the fact that there are only a few mono apps means nothing at all about its quality. Mono in general is unattractive for Linux development because of patent fears/bad reputation and most pick alternatives like Python. This doesn't mean that Mono doesn't have its merits.

The best thing Mono brings to the table is the ability for experienced C# programmers on Windows to contribute to Linux. This is a nice thing. If you don't like it, then purge every trace of Mono from your system and never use it. No one is forcing you to use it. Stop spreading FUD though...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X