Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel de Icaza Leaves Linux For Apple OS X

Phoronix: Miguel de Icaza Leaves Linux For Apple OS X

Miguel de Icaza, well known the GNOME project founder and leader of the Mono camp, has left Linux for OS X...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

actually it would be interesting to hear linus' comments on this, if he even cares. I guess linus is back to gnome3 isn't he?

Comment

I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.

Comment

Good riddance

This is actually good news.

Icaza was the person instrumental in allowing Microsoft to market Silverlight as a cross-platform technology, even though its Linux port called Moonlight is missing support for Silverlight's critical selling point - video DRM. The effect of this is that Linux users cannot view Silverlight-based videos.

The Linux world is better off without the "contributions" of this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by pankkake View Post
          I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.
          Linux is fragmented....He is right.

Comment

We all mourn his leaving about as much as I mourn an outgoing fart.

Comment

Good riddance

Yes go to your closed, walled-in platform you traitor. Seeing what you did to Gnome, good riddance and don't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ruinairas View Post
                Linux is fragmented....He is right.
                Yeah, thanks to him and absolute, unadultarated, 100%-pure, reverse-osmosis filtrated IDIOCY.

GNOME Shell is still such a putrid mess that many distros either refuse to use it or create their own shells.

GNOME's applications have been severely cirppled due to "hurr durr DA FOOCHUR IS TOUCH SCREEN MAGIC TABLETS PHONES CONVERGANCE MULTITOUCH BUZZWORD BULLSHIT DURKA DURKA"

Mono is shit and a Microsoft backdoor. 'Nuff said.

Comment

The desktop was not fragmented before he himself started the GNOME project as an alternative to KDE...

Comment

IMHO the headline is misleading. He already left Linux October of 2012.

[...]
                    Without noticing, I stopped turning on the screen for my Linux machine during 2012. By the time I moved to a new apartment in October of 2012, I did not even bother plugging the machine back and to this date, I have yet to turn it on.
                    [...]

Comment

Working...
                    X