Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linus is back on GNOME

Originally posted by Linus Torvalds
    That actually sounds like gnome3 may be usable right out of the box.

And gnome3 has been improving. I complain, and I think extensions were badly done in some ways, and I think a lot of gnome people are in denial. But I'm actually back to gnome3 because with the right extensions it is more pleasant.

Frippery + gnome-tweak-tool really make a huge difference. I don't understand why gnome3 hasn't just merged them.
    Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

And it looks like some of his complaints will get fixed by 3.8.

how the fuck does linus not have better shit to do than to troll apu's google+ ??

look at this shit: a million lines of text discussing the abortion that is gnome3

it's not like there's pressing bugs in the kernel that allow privilege escalation or nothing

ffs

"+Sriram Ramkrishna: you're continuing to make excuses.

What part of "ve know vhat you vant, and you vill do it like we tell you to do it" did you not understand as being a problem?"

Last edited by Pallidus; 03 March 2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
      What part of "ve know vhat you vant, and you vill do it like we tell you to do it" did you not understand as being a problem?"
      Yeah he is not satisfied -yet. Still he prefers GNOME. Which means the alternatives are more SHITTY. LOL!!! So a true story of life: If you are a cool hacker you use GNOME. Because GNOME is the most extendable desktop outthere. PERIOD!!!! Only scriptkiddies, retards and mums use badly done Windows replicas.

Be cool, be GNOME!

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
        Yeah he is not satisfied -yet. Still he prefers GNOME. Which means the alternatives are more SHITTY. LOL!!! So a true story of life: If you are a cool hacker you use GNOME. Because GNOME is the most extendable desktop outthere. PERIOD!!!! Only scriptkiddies, retards and mums use badly done Windows replicas.

Be cool, be GNOME!
        Gnome is MS tool to insert Mono into Linux and only MS trolls and patent lovers or proprietaty trolls like that [/Troll]

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
          Gnome is MS tool to insert Mono into Linux and only MS trolls and patent lovers or proprietaty trolls like that [/Troll]
          Sorry but Qt is doing a much better job of fucking Linux. So yeah it is really great that KDE is dying anyway. Shitty piece of crashware. LOL.

Comment

Sorry but Qt is doing a much better job of fucking Linux. So yeah it is really great that KDE is dying anyway. Shitty piece of crashware. LOL.
            How is Qt ruining Linux? I use Qt for almost all my projects, simple to use, works great, crossplatform. Whats not to like?

UDL

Comment

What you claim is a link to his post is just a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Because GNOME is the most extendable desktop outthere. PERIOD!!!!
                So I am sure you can list some extensions that are possible in GNOME but not in KDE.

Comment

Because GNOME is the most extendable desktop outthere. PERIOD!!!!
                  So I am sure you can list some extensions that are possible in GNOME but could not be implemented in Plasma

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                    Here we go again....

What is so wrong with KDE I cannot get. If you don't like Gnome then use KDE and be done with it. Highly customizable and a bit slower than gnome I admit but the Ubuntu implementation in 12.04 seems to be pretty solid.

Let the flame war begin!

Slower?! Lol my ass is slower. Even on old hardware KDE 4.10 is way more responsive than any GTK3 based desktop like Cinnamon or Gnome 3.
                    I have a rather old laptop from 2006 with AMD Dual-Core 1.8 Ghz CPU, 2 GB RAM and a GeForce 6150 Go running Arch Linux 64 Bit. With Cinnamon or Gnome 3 it takes about 500 ms for the damn calender to pop out when I click the panel. With KDE everything just reacts instantly and looks even more fancy with all of its transparent effects. Qt just seems to be a way better toolkit.

Comment

Working...
                    X